#1January 7th, 2011 · 09:17 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
We Pass Unseen

This song is not in a battle

This song was inspired by a paragraph in the book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.   Basically I felt amazed at how we all pass through each others lives both actively and passively and how even seemingly insignificant events can influence our lives.  So the components are simple, much like the scene that the lyrics illustrate.  Also, I love calling attention to scenarios that we usually conduct on "auto pilot" because if you look you can find inspiration anywhere.  Let me know what you think :-)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 8th, 2011 · 02:20 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Welcome here on bandamp!
This is an impressing debut.. Very atmospheric & relaxing . Chord changes are really interresting and well chosen.. Ya git play is error-free , too.
There two small points to criticize:
1. For my personal taste I would add some higher freqs on the git and vox to give more transparency and clarity to the mix . Maybe I can understand the lyrics better. (can you write the lyrics here ?)
Autotune is a nice effect (SOMETIMES) but it makes it difficult to understand lyrics.
2. The background noises (train , "feeping".....) are distracting a bit cuz it happens through the whole song .
Fazit: this makes a relaxed feeling to me .  Good composition

U . L . I .
#3January 8th, 2011 · 01:16 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
My goal with this one was to call attention to the guitar because I thought it had a  nice circular piece.  The noises in the background are  some sort of effect on a tamborine.  What you called the autotune is actually a reverb effect though I do see what you mean.  Perhaps some high female harmony might also add some higher freq?  I think it would be cool to add a second guitar to put some higher freq. to balance the low, thanks for the comment! Here are the lyrics:

Standing in a line of ten
Waiting to buy some bread

The cashier seems upset
The customer seems upset
But I remain the same

Don't lose yourself
In the life you live

We pass unseen
We pass unseen
We pass

And I am merely passing by
#4January 9th, 2011 · 04:26 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
HCaulfield wrote…
My goal with this one was to call attention to the guitar because I thought it had a  nice circular piece.  The noises in the background are  some sort of effect on a tamborine.  What you called the autotune is actually a reverb effect though I do see what you mean.  Perhaps some high female harmony might also add some higher freq?  I think it would be cool to add a second guitar to put some higher freq. to balance the low, thanks for the comment! Here are the lyrics:

Standing in a line of ten
Waiting to buy some bread

The cashier seems upset
The customer seems upset
But I remain the same

Don't lose yourself
In the life you live

We pass unseen
We pass unseen
We pass

Tnx for the text . Itīs short , crisp and...............................true.
Must have to do that we are too many people living on too small places . Weīre not able to pay attention on everyone we meet. We would going nuts.
What I said about higher freqs I didnīt mean to add another instrument or a fem vox . ( but might be nice , too) I`ve meant it due to EQing . The git sounds a bit īdamped` to me . But itīs just my personal impression.
Apart from that I like the atmosphere much
U . L . I .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.