#1December 24th, 2010 · 04:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
2 moods

This song is not in a battle

Not an xmas song , but it shows the ambivalence of these days ( and whole life??).
Bit dark , bit bright. Bit glad , bit sad. A jazzy guitar .A rocking guitar.
A simple melody over it and some variations . A psychedelic lounge piece.
Merry Xmas to all ampers , their families and their friends allover the globe!!!
My album "Electronaut" is distibuted on "jamendo.com" http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/101206?refuid=978926 under CC-by-nc-sa 3.0 license for free download.

U . L . I .

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 24th, 2010 · 10:44 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow! this is a very inventive piece! It has a bit of everything in it...like you said, jazzy guitar tones, rock guitar tones, vibes, piano,  synth pads, snap-funk bass, synth-bass, (in fact a virtual exploration of synth tones), some exploration of Indian scale progressions in at least one of the guitar leads, counter-melodies,(and several other elements I haven't named yet), all played over a heavy, plodding rhythm. Really well-done and interesting! Good for several listens just to take it all in.....
#3December 24th, 2010 · 02:53 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
91 posts
Argentina
Really very interesting!  It's very complete, like Battlecat explains.
It also reminds me of the early nineties, when I used to play lots of classic computer games. These scales and the way to use the synth brings me back to Jill of the Jungle, Fury of the Furries and Settlers. It's a great sensation!
#4December 25th, 2010 · 08:56 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
very good production, the xylo-thing is a bit much for me, luckily the guitar and organs keepin it up, contrasting.
Guitar is really good! love the muffled bass, not wild for the drumsound, but hey it does its job.
lots of things happening, i like! very creative piece, or should i say peace these days :p
#5December 25th, 2010 · 06:22 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, I love your style. I really do!
This piece is superb. Every instruments is right on the spot. I really like all the arrangements you did and the guitars added a great vibe.
Again, I love your compositions, love your style. Give me more like this, please.

> Iszil
#6January 30th, 2011 · 02:47 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
32 posts
United States of America
Sweet stuff, getting into this immidiately...

lots of nice elements here both light and dark, and the jazzy guitar sounds great.

Love the change @ 2:50
#7October 24th, 2011 · 05:02 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ooops!
Forgot to thank you guys for ya listening and comments.
IŽm happy about ya positive reflections.

U.L.I.
#8October 31st, 2011 · 02:29 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
ooops, failed post 
#9October 31st, 2011 · 03:53 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
Fun piece
And excellent performance.

My only criticism is in regards to the drum sound. They're a bit...thin sounding?
#10October 31st, 2011 · 05:18 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: 2 moods
I missed this first time round ......

pass the dutchy ......

add a few sleigh bells knock the marimba up an octave add a few christmassy lyrics ...

youve got a hit a la carl palmer!!!!

love it totally !!!!

glazed fish
#11December 29th, 2011 · 10:21 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice feel to the track..prolly the drums being a bit backgroundnish give the music a more laid back feel and ear friendly listen....Great stuff as usual...!
#12December 30th, 2011 · 03:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank you , buddies, for ya listen. 
Mmmmhh, I wasnŽt aware that the drums are too low here. On my system it sounds loud enough.
But as everyone knows, making beats is my "big failure".   I hate it!!
So IŽll try doing better and giving more attention next time.

A happy new year 2012 to everyone!!!
#13December 30th, 2011 · 07:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's like very elaborate game music ... a labyrinth .... chill out rooms, traffic lights and alpine balconies .... well it is pretty mind boggling stuff    

Except for the bass and guitar your sounds are very clean .. personally I'd like less sounds and more produced dirtier sounds, more your own kind of sounds, and not so 'out of the box' midi sounds.

Yes very complete very full very busy very good
#14January 1st, 2012 · 04:55 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
Except for the bass and guitar your sounds are very clean .. personally I'd like less sounds and more produced dirtier sounds, more your own kind of sounds, and not so 'out of the box' midi sounds.

Thisone is an older composition of mine. At that time my synth was new, I loved to play araound with all those sounds and generating different atmospheres / moods.
Actually I planned it as a pure keyboard-piece, without bass or gitte. But I came aware that it needs a bass and some git-parts.
Basically this piece is  built-up quite simply. Two oppositional themes, a simle melody, different variations.
Schwupps, fertig.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 3:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.