#1December 4th, 2010 · 03:30 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Conquest

This song is not in a battle

This is the final version of Part I of III, Conquest. Vocals and percussion from external VSTs (I use a website for that), chromatic percussion, brass and strings were all VSTs that I could manipulate myself. Most of Conquest was just my memory of a commercial, film, or video game score (Supreme Commander in particular, the track "Risk and Relief", so it's really a mashup of media influences, haha! (... but thing is, I remember a tune the right way, so all my "remakes" usually end up being something totally different...) Either way, bottom line is that there might be a few recognizable themes to some, but all of it (EXCEPT FOR THE BRASS AT 7:00-7:25) is original.

Credit to Jeremy Soule, an amazing composer who created that 25-second brass riff.

http://jeremysoule.wordpress.com/about/ (my name's Tim Siow)

Part I [Conquest] is supposed to describe a medieval-fantasy kind of setting, when a squad of soldiers are going off into war. The variations signify their struggles and battles against different enemies, as well as their travelling too. I'll let your imagination do the rest of the describing.

Anyways, if you don't like cliffhangers/lackluster resolutions, you'll dislike this song a lot!  Just a warning!

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 5th, 2010 · 04:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great stuff.
You could find some video footage of men going to war ETC, there must be some free ones knocking about, or you could do a combination of a slide show and video. I'm not sure what the rules are with YouTube, I think so long as you mention where the footage comes from it would be acceptable. I downloaded some from YouTube which was acceptable.

Take some bass off the drums, and play around with the upper mids, you may find they cut through better if you raise them.
#3December 5th, 2010 · 03:14 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, I want that VST you use for the brass section!
I really like the whole composition. It's a shame that VST are still not as real as real instruments but they are getting really close. You've managed to achieve a great sound here. Love the vocals! What VST did you use for them?
I can imagine this as the soundtrack of any war/adventures/fantasy/epic movie.
Good job, man.

> Iszil
#4January 8th, 2011 · 04:08 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Reminds me totally to music of "cirque du soleil"-shows.
I´m imaginating colourful, flying , jumping , incredible acrobats . Fireblows , deathwheels , equilibrists ..........
This composition is aweful , well thought out , complicated , tricky . One word : epic
Some instruments /horns/brass?) are sounding bit artifcial but it´s the nature of electronic music .
Strings however sound great .
Guess it was a BIG heap of work and effort to do all this .
Congrats to "conquest"
U . L . I .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgLdrDFuaHg&feature=related
#5January 8th, 2011 · 10:40 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Denis - thanks, yeah I'll fix the EQ when I'm compiling everything into an album!

Iszil - the VSTi I used was Edirol Orchestral for the strings and brass, along with Cubase's HALion One VSTs for lower strings. I still use the old converter that's free online, but that was for vocals and percussion.

ULI - wow, that's a very diverse imagination! Yeah, the chord progression is a very popular theme; I've heard it used in Mt. Eden (dubstep artist), a film or television show (I can't remember, but it's pretty new), and a countless number of other media propaganda! Like all trailer music however, the songs are limited within a repeated chord progression... however, the range of melodies, harmonies, etc. are basically limitless within those chords!

--XFactor--
#6January 30th, 2011 · 04:13 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
32 posts
United States of America
Beautiful
Beautiful and suspenseful piece...very cinematic atmosphere.

Me like.

-Bill
#7June 9th, 2011 · 05:08 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
This is so epic

nuff said.
#8June 12th, 2011 · 11:15 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Me enjoyed this...Sounds very well put together....All you need is a movie to go with this and you blow us away!!!!Very very good work sir!
#9July 10th, 2011 · 12:06 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Updated original post with credits to Jeremy Soule!

Received permission from him to create a derivative... About a month or so after the song was posted, oops!

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.