#1December 4th, 2010 · 12:02 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
ClarinetPractice

This song is not in a battle

First part is an acoustic demo (a very rough one, it was improvised) of a track I'm wanting to upload, however, it's 16MB and 10 minutes long and that's probably why the upload won't go through... Anyways, the second part is split into two solos, the first one was improvised as the track was recording and the second one was a bit more pre-meditated... But still improvised! Threw in some reverb to each recording and wrote in some percussion for the second part.

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 4th, 2010 · 12:15 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the Change at 1.07, think there are some timing issues there or it may be the drum rhythm is not quite right, play with the snare and accent it more, even play less or little rhythms accept where you want to accent it.

You could always lower the bit rate of your mp3 to upload the song ( I'm pretty sure one of Iszils songs is over 11 mins), should work at 128kbps.

Anyway I like it,  needs polishing, but you already know that - would like to hear the whole Epic 
#3December 4th, 2010 · 02:03 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
amazing, really inspired song, cool arrangement, nice swing, congratulation
#4December 4th, 2010 · 03:16 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Aww, poop! I forgot to check the upload before I went to bed, so the song cuts off at 1:47... It's around 20-30 seconds longer, the solo finishes, haha. Sorry guys!!!

Denis, thanks for your feedback! The timing thing I think I'll need to practice on (this is my 3rd recording session with my laptop, haha) and also the drumming will be a focus... (Maybe listening to jazz drummers will help, I'll try that.) As for the bit rate thing, I'm currently trying it out... If a song named "Conquest" appears to be uploaded, it worked.

FreakCrazy, thank you for your feedback as well! I don't play or listen to jazz much, so it's mostly a practice for getting chords and blend together.

--XFactor--
#5December 5th, 2010 · 04:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
XFactor wrote…
Aww, poop! I forgot to check the upload before I went to bed, so the song cuts off at 1:47... It's around 20-30 seconds longer, the solo finishes, haha. Sorry guys!!!

Denis, thanks for your feedback! The timing thing I think I'll need to practice on (this is my 3rd recording session with my laptop, haha) and also the drumming will be a focus... (Maybe listening to jazz drummers will help, I'll try that.) As for the bit rate thing, I'm currently trying it out... If a song named "Conquest" appears to be uploaded, it worked.

FreakCrazy, thank you for your feedback as well! I don't play or listen to jazz much, so it's mostly a practice for getting chords and blend together.

--XFactor--

You could always find some Jazz Drum loops, I use them all the time, the ones I use are generally real loops, it may take some time to find the right one, but it will be well worth it. I recently used goove monkey Jazz rhythms via Ezdrummer for a recent upload called "Blue Smoker"
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8302.html
Have a listen to the drums, you'll get a better picture of what I meant about rhythms and accents on the snare.
BTW would be nice to have an acoustic Bass in the Jazz part, but it still sound good.
#6December 5th, 2010 · 12:05 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
You could always find some Jazz Drum loops, I use them all the time, the ones I use are generally real loops, it may take some time to find the right one, but it will be well worth it. I recently used goove monkey Jazz rhythms via Ezdrummer for a recent upload called "Blue Smoker"
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8302.html
Have a listen to the drums, you'll get a better picture of what I meant about rhythms and accents on the snare.
BTW would be nice to have an acoustic Bass in the Jazz part, but it still sound good.

Thanks Denis!

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 12:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.