#1November 27th, 2010 · 05:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Nochīn Albatros

This song is not in a battle

A breathing bassdrum , flowing synth loop and singing bass are main components of this instrumental . Itīs one of my  early tracks I recorded with my
"old" gear and remixed it on my current DAW. So the "rhythm part" isnīt perfect but organic .
I hope it will calm you down a bit after a stressy or hectically day.
Itīs a "layback on ya sofa" piece .   enjoy...............
Would appriciate ya thoughts and impressions

My album "Electronaut" is distibuted on "jamendo.com" http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/101206?refuid=978926 under CC-by-nc-sa 3.0 license for free download.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 28th, 2010 · 05:50 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Ahh yes am lounging out to this one a little suspense mainly translated to me through guitars initially , sort of cold war theme with euro surf feel. Love the ambience too.
The percs sit well .
Gotta love that old gear  
Thanks for posting ULI
chilling good
#3December 2nd, 2010 · 05:01 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Liked...twis long, random and a bit vague.
Nice sounds used, nice placement, mood, all a bit blended together, a bit like a journey through a pond.
There was a high-hat in there that just kind of jumped out and poked me in the eye sometimes.
And that big bass/hart beat, though the piece is bult around it, it could have been filtered a bit more to give it some 'breathing'/life.
I can understand the idea of it being "Chilled out", but it kept me too alert to be chilled out.
Chilled out to me is something totally chilled in essence...bird sounds, forests etc or something rhythmically chilled like dub reggae where the rhythm says 'now you chilll...'

Yes you love your random mood tracks....got a lovely Yellow feel in the beginning....very experimental piece.
#4December 6th, 2010 · 11:10 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
very very nice i like
#5January 23rd, 2011 · 09:57 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
Liked...twis long, random and a bit vague.
Nice sounds used, nice placement, mood, all a bit blended together, a bit like a journey through a pond.
There was a high-hat in there that just kind of jumped out and poked me in the eye sometimes.
And that big bass/hart beat, though the piece is bult around it, it could have been filtered a bit more to give it some 'breathing'/life.
I can understand the idea of it being "Chilled out", but it kept me too alert to be chilled out.
Chilled out to me is something totally chilled in essence...bird sounds, forests etc or something rhythmically chilled like dub reggae where the rhythm says 'now you chilll...'

Yes you love your random mood tracks....got a lovely Yellow feel in the beginning....very experimental piece.
Tnx guys for listening and commenting. Iīm glad about ya opinions .
@kings: Play this track in your prefered coffee shop and observe the reactions of the people .........hihihi.....weīll
see.  
Once a friend told me that  the most of my tracks need to be heard a few times to get īem altogether . Yesyesyes
#6January 23rd, 2011 · 12:05 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Nochīn Albatros
ULI wrote…
A breathing bassdrum , flowing synth loop and singing bass are main components of this instrumental . Itīs one my  early tracks I recorded with my
"old" gear and remixed it on my current DAW. So the "rhythm part" isnīt perfect but organic .
U . L . I .

I sit back in the tub .........and relax ........... oh no!!! its got tension running thru it .......
dries off and looks over shoulder .............
crazy warblin guitar gets me worried .....

AAAaaaaaah it resolves

great callin card for film score

Cinematic - fish
#7January 25th, 2011 · 04:18 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: re: Nochīn Albatros
swordfish wrote…
ULI wrote…
A breathing bassdrum , flowing synth loop and singing bass are main components of this instrumental . Itīs one my  early tracks I recorded with my
U . L . I .

I sit back in the tub .........and relax ........... oh no!!! its got tension running thru it .......
dries off and looks over shoulder .............
crazy warblin guitar gets me worried .....

AAAaaaaaah it resolves

great callin card for film score

Cinematic - fish
Hahaha!! Storyboard of "SWORDIEīS HOTEL" written by Alfred Hitchfish..........
scary, scary, scary 

Apropos fish : whatīs happened to ya funny fugu avatar I liked so much ?
Whereīs any fish now. Looks more like a soirée in a fish restaurant     ...............................................
save the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8January 25th, 2011 · 11:19 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Hey Uli,

I really dig this whole thing - total ambience.  Love the delay and stuff on the lead 3:30 and thought that whammy stuff was a nice touch, and not overdone.  You did it for just the right amount of time.  More would have just seemed like you were wanking around on guitar and wouldn't fit the mood of the rest of the piece.

Could have probably been shortened a little bit - but overall, I think it's super cool.

Brian
#9May 20th, 2012 · 08:10 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
I'm so weird -- I love when it's all "out there" electronica like this!  I realize all I said about synth -- guess my ear wants to imbibe synth and real separately!  I like this!
#10May 20th, 2012 · 10:09 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
I really do like this peice. While I am mostly into faster and harder electronic music, I have always wanted to have a good and ambient electronic peice. I think this more than fills that need. I love the ambience and simple lead to it. The guitar that makes a few appearances brings me back a little 'reality' and we are drifting off again.

I simply love the feeling this peice gives

3 thumbs up.
#11May 21st, 2012 · 05:43 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Wave71 wrote…
I simply love the feeling this peice gives

3 thumbs up.
Tnx, Wave, for commenting and Iīm glad you like it. Not easy for a musician to "catch" listeners prefering other genres.
searching my 3. thumb, looking downwards aaaaand ..............yes .................. there it is     thank god

CdeT wrote…
I love when it's all "out there" electronica like this!  I realize all I said about synth -- guess my ear wants to imbibe synth and real separately!  I like this!
Booaahhh ey, youīre really an enthusiastic, passionate, poetic and profound reviewer and listener, CD.
Tnx a lot for taking all the time for listening and commenting., / analyzing.

Yes yes, the old "synthie thing".
Many of us grew up with ELP, Yes , J.M Jarre, G. Duke, Tangerine dream ............................................................. ..............................  All this wasnīt sterile, it was organic, was a new media to express oneself as a musician at that time.
And we experienced the 80s and synthie pop era where the sounds became colder, mechanical, MIDI:
Today we listen to all this kind of electronical and computergenerated styles. Even colder, unorganic.

Because Iīm totally a self-tought keyboard-dilletant (Iīd never call myself "keyboarder") I try letting sound my playing organic, human. I donīt use much sequenced patterns / arpeggios. Most is handmade (unperfect).
What I try to say is : Synth is not even synth. The way how itīs used is relevant.
I.E. George Duke was always a "guiding light" in solo-synth-playing to me. His expression, his warmth and smoothness in his play was always favorized by me.

interchange of thoughts to be continued..................................    

U.L.I.
#12May 21st, 2012 · 06:05 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
the words 'albatros' and 'electronaut' are fitting so well with this music..
its astranging and easy goin at the sametime,
great listening experience, very relaxing!
I guess you are the real electronaut..

(now must go back to soloing :p its so hard!)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.