#1November 23rd, 2010 · 02:37 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Daytona

This song is not in a battle

I wrote this one the beach in Daytona Beach Florida and tried to incorporate a tropical sound into a song when I got back home to Alaska. I think I captured it quite well. The only issue I have with myself, is the back ground fuzz. I dont know what it is, maybe my mic chord or mixer? Hm. Anyways, please crit

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 23rd, 2010 · 03:29 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Reminded me of James Blunt at the start, your rhythm guitar playing and sound are identical.
The vox is nice and relaxed, but your notes are bit shaky in places or too short, just need to practice singing long notes, keeping them steady with breath control, try playing around with the backing level when you are recording the vox so you that you can hear your pitch better.

Sounds great as an acoustic, you could also build on it incorporating a whole rhythm, brass section or even an orchestra.

The hiss may be too much gain on your mixer/interface, you can use plugins to remove it or something like Adobe Audition. I use Adobe Audition noise reduction, you find a place in the music where you can only hear the hiss, generally at the start or the end, sample a section of the hiss, then Adobe Audition removes it for the whole song without effecting the sound quality, other than that you have to play with the settings, hence if you select 100% it will reduce the overall sound quality, I normally set it at about 55%

Anyway I like the song, just needs a bit of polish
#3November 23rd, 2010 · 01:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool song..literally. Very chilled...enjoying a lot.
I think you have a good voice but you need to practice.....holding notes in the shower always works ! lol
This song in particular needs the vocal to be 'as perfect as an instrument' because the vocal is such a big part of the little that's going on.
The hiss seams to go all the way through.... have you tried to isolate it? Suss out where it's from.
It just came out more - 2:37
#4November 23rd, 2010 · 03:24 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys. About the vocals, I have been trying to practice them more these last few months and I'm thinking about taking voice lessons to polish them off.

And thanks for the noise reduction tip, I'm going to go into audacity in a bit and play with it. By the way, my set up is: Shure SM57, XLR-1/4th cable (not sure if the cable is the problem, but I was thinking an XLR-XLR would be less noisy maybe), into my Behringer Eurorack1202 mixer, into my computers soundcartd (planning on buying a nice interface when I have the money).
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.