#1November 20th, 2010 · 06:06 PM
26 threads / 26 songs
80 posts
United Kingdom
Lazy Afternoon

This song is not in a battle

This was done two weeks ago. We got Brian in on the Sax to create something different and I was relegated to rhythm guitar on this one.
Now, I'm afraid this is going to be the last upload to this site. We have had to many comments from some of you wanting a singer or lyrics to our tunes. It would seem you would prefer a singer to a musician. We are out and out instrumentalists and proud of it.

WillyBob

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 21st, 2010 · 01:49 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thatīs a nice one again. The sax is great . And it definitely needs no vox as most of ya other stuff.
Iīm a pure instrumental musician . Some guys want to hear a vox on every track but my oppinion is : not every piece of music needs a chant .I would like to hear more uploaded stuff from ya band no matter if thereīs a vox or not .
My suggestion : Stay who you are and do what you think is the right thing .Keep on working inYOUR direction.
U . L . I .
nice days.........
#3November 21st, 2010 · 04:37 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This works well as an instrumental.

There are many experienced musicians on this site Bob, They give a honest opinion, sometimes it's right sometimes it's wrong. There are very few sites like bandAMP where you get musicians to critique your songs. They are are only trying to help, that's what this site is all about, helping us to improve, challenge each other, it's good way of keeping you on the ball.

Like ULI, probably 95% of my songs are instrumentals, so if that's your forte then stick to it. I'm always trying to encourage ULI to sing...LOL. My problem is that I have a phobia with writing lyrics would you believe.  

Personally bandAMP has helped me to continually improve as a musician and a producer, you are already at a high standard, but we all have room for improvement. Your productions are tip top, producing audio to a pro standard like you have here is an art in itself, I'm sure you can help fellow members here, so please give us your opinions how we can improve.

Please don't despair, keep uploading your music. We wanna hear it!!

I used to double up with a sax player, the two instruments doubled up are great, have you tried it?
#4November 21st, 2010 · 04:52 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Well chosen and wise words , denis .    
#5November 21st, 2010 · 05:49 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
80 posts
United Kingdom
Thank you both for your encouragement. I might upload some more.

WillyBob.
#6November 21st, 2010 · 09:05 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I happen to love sax. (even bought an alto sax that I have yet to learn how to play)...I'm a fan of people like King Curtis, Junior Walker in old school soul/rhythm and blues and many more in the jazz spectrum. This work is reminiscent of the soul/RnB that I favor. Very well-done, nicely composed and executed. You have the capacity to squeeze out those beautiful accents that Junior Walker used to do so well! I love it!
#7November 21st, 2010 · 07:36 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
What an awesome tune!  Please don't leave!!  I gotta say I love the stuff you've posted, really chill, and nice to work too.  Whenever there are lyrics in music that I listen to, I find that they distract me especially if I'm trying to do school work, so instrumental music allows me just to chill and get some stuff done.

Sax is so cool, I'd love to try one some day.  The two types of instruments I haven't yet tried are Woodwinds (clarinets/sax) and Viola/violin bow instruments.

This is some great sax playing, wicked fast licks you've got going on there.  I love the keyboards in the background, great touch .

Solid drummer.  AWESOME TUNE
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.