#1November 19th, 2010 · 11:19 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
...Friends?

This song is not in a battle

My latest work.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this sound better in quality than
my previous uploads? I'm asking 'cause I spent some time with the the dynamics and reverb
in cubase this time such as:

Q
RoomworkSE
Multibandcompressor

Like... trying to figure out how to use them correctly haha. how'd I do?

oh, and here's the lyrics. (and yeah, they're pretty depressing I guess..)

You said:                                                  
I want you to kill me
'cause I've heard it's so much
better on the other side

I'm sick
so sick of waiting
for you 'cause you
will never be the light 

and I know
that you know I suffer
so why don't you take this gun and
blow me away

don't say
that I am selfish
'cause I've always been
alone and nothing's changed

please don't go now
don't let me watch you leave
but I'm so sick of this life
it doesn't know what I need

but don't let this break you down
I know just what to do
No I don't want your help
don't want anything from you
but YOU.

please don't
ask me to explain
I really do not know
what else to say

I'm lost
I've felt so incomplete
since you said that we
will never be

and I know
that you know I need you
but friendship's so much better
yeah, I agree

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 19th, 2010 · 11:53 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I find it a bit boring, but I can hear everything well, decent enough production, a bit narrow (stereo image) if anything.

I can't offer much advice on this one as far as song goes, but i find it a bit dull. I went to play it and it started off slowly so I didn't really notice that it had started and while it was happening I was searching for something else, and because of that I forgot to listen to the song because nothing really stood out to me that would have made me excited or reminded me that it was playing.

Anyways, I think it needs some work
#3November 20th, 2010 · 03:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Productionswise you´ve done a step foward. Mix is clearer , git sounds good and chords are fine , singing is well.
Needs other drum patterns ( ballad or so). Needs a bass for a fundament. Can you add some "synthpad" or
"string ensembles" or "brass" or something else ? It sounds empty  . Somehow unfinished..But has potencials
to become a decent song..
I´m a bit anxious about the dark and kinda depresive text. Sound like ´suicidal danger` 
You young guy should enjoy  ya life and EVERY day as long as ya can stand upright, see ,hear and feel clearly ,
and you are free from physical pain .Then your lyrics may become a little more optimisticly and enjoyable.
Man , I´ve seen ya improvement .Keep on working .Our all steps of improment are small. But they are.
Life is a "Baustelle"
U . L  . I  .

#4November 20th, 2010 · 12:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Production is nice, well it's quite transparent. You forgot to pan the instruments, it sounds all too cetenred.

I agree with ULI needs BASS

Vocal melody could be more variable
#5November 20th, 2010 · 03:11 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
it has a tick - tack - rhythm... makes me calm down.
When I was a child and my mother wanted to get me up she came in my room with the vac in the morning I fell asleep again. It was such a soothing noise...
why don't you make this tick-tack until end?
#6November 21st, 2010 · 07:30 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
hey connor I don't mean to be rude or anything but if you just "put it on" and then doesn't notice the
start of the vocals, then I dunno. I can't really take that comment srsly since it feels like you didn't really LISTEN...

Thank you Denis, I see what you mean. Glad to hear that I'm in some ways making progress

Hi ULI you don't have to worry about my lyrics, they're just a way to get all my emotions out..
And this text in particular, isn't about My feelings, I'm kinda singing from somebody else's
perspektive, you know. it's a bit messy but, the chorus is like two ppl singing to each other.
Yeah I'll consider adding a bass, I've thought of that, the whole song sounds a bit too "trebled".
but you DO hear the violin, right?
Maybe I should add some darker synth through the whole song..

Triton, (Hi!) are you being ironic with "why don't you make the tick-tack until the end?" ? 'cause..
it IS a tick-tack 'til the end... 
#7November 22nd, 2010 · 04:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You have a deep voice...the music is all on the high end, as you say "trebled" a bass would bring you together.
Yes it is all coming down the middle too, some panning would literally widen it.
The tick tick takes it to folky realm, like a synth bodhran....
Very depressive lyrics but a nice track all in all. 
It's a bit like an electric un-plugged version of a bigger song....could be the tick that does that though.
#8November 23rd, 2010 · 02:31 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
this is a really calm song. Like it. Recording sounds nice too. Vocal tones are great.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:07 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.