#1November 3rd, 2010 · 09:25 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Photograph-Studio

This song is not in a battle

Hey, so a few months ago my old band Tara Hall actually sat down with a sound engineer and recorded a few tracks nice and proper. Somewhere down the line however the project got slowed and so, almost a year and a half later I've finally received a mastered recording. Here it is. Original composition, features mandolin, dobro, guitar, bass, and vocals. Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 4th, 2010 · 02:46 AM
30 threads / 29 songs
96 posts
Bulgaria
I like the song, some seriously interesting mix of instruments and nice arrangement you've got there, therefore I hope you will allow me to suggest few things. I rather avoid getting that much into it, but I do like that one, so here it goes:

I will suggest on trying another mix/mastering job on this nice song!
 Am I hearing the click track/metronome behind? Vocal can really use some verb/delay/chorus to part with the roomy sound, which is generally fine, but in my opinion not for this one. Instruments balance might be better - now guitar kinda of a overtakes the mix - being guitarist myself I do this in 100% (yes 100% !) of my recordings - then have a cool of period of 2-3 days and do a remix - to let the other instruments some space. Some faders riding can be used here and there since the beautiful vocal gets buried here and there
#3November 4th, 2010 · 04:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great to the band recording some songs.
Lovely songs, hope to hear some more.
#4November 4th, 2010 · 04:45 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
I don't like the roomy sound on the vox for this one.  I think it would probably sound better dry or with a more open sounding verb if that's possible.

Great voice, cool song, I could definitely hear it on the radio.  What's the noise in the background on the channel that's panned to the left?  I love the little chime sound that's on the right channel sometimes... it sounds cool
#5November 4th, 2010 · 05:09 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Thanks for the comments.

That background noise is probably the dobro. It comes in with a lot of sustain during the 1st verse. Those chimes are mandolin harmonics, they're very bright.
#6November 4th, 2010 · 05:53 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
DTF wrote…
Thanks for the comments.

That background noise is probably the dobro. It comes in with a lot of sustain during the 1st verse. Those chimes are mandolin harmonics, they're very bright.

Wow cool.  I had a second there where I thought it might be a harmonic, but then I thought "no, there's no way that it could sound that metallic"

Cool song, anyways
#7November 5th, 2010 · 09:46 AM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Thanks. I' d add harmonies: your voice sounds a bit lonely  .
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.