#1October 25th, 2010 · 04:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Smiley Shamrock

This song is not in a battle

I purchased a Ribbon Microphone because they are supposed to be good for Violin, it sort of has a mellow full vintage sound, I like it lots, I used it on the Violin obviously plus used the Ribbon and a condener as a stereo pair for the Acoustic Guitar, it sort of fattens it up.
This was done very quickly, lots of mistakes on the Violin, I must be crazy taking on a pretty fast tune just starting out on the Violin, but hey this sort of music goes with it, I just had to do it - most of all it was blooming GREAT FUN

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 25th, 2010 · 06:33 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Sounds fun!! How much is a cheap violin would you say?

Gotta get me one!
#3October 26th, 2010 · 01:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…

Gotta get me one!
The say the Senator 2 is a good student Violin, I bought one for my Dad second hand for £55.00
I'm left-handed, they don't make them in the UK, ordered mine from China, it was a gamble, appears and sounds OK, it was hand made by a respectable Chinese manufacturer, in comparison to the Senator I bought my Dad, mine is a little brighter in sound, I don't know if that's good or bad.  I would assume that apart from it being well made like a guitar the quality of the wood effects the quality if the sound, being that every instrument made of wood is made from an individual piece of wood. You hear some manufacturers say that they used aged woods, but I think much of it is marketing. I read in some forums that the only way to test an instrument is to try it out.
Before I bought mine I asked Taka, he said in his experience he found that buying second hand violins generally had a better sound, they say that woods mature. I've noticed this on my new cheap 6 string acoustic, it seems to sound better the more I play it. I also read somewhere that when you buy a new Violin it's a good idea to play long notes on the G string, Thar's the heaviest guage string, so that the violin learns how to vibrate, so I thought I would try that on my guitar, I think it's working, it is ringing better than when I first got it.
That's the great thing about being a musician, you never stop learning, there is always something more to learn making it interesting
#4October 26th, 2010 · 08:53 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
thebigguyconnor wrote…

Gotta get me one!
The say the Senator 2 is a good student Violin, I bought one for my Dad second hand for £55.00
I'm left-handed, they don't make them in the UK, ordered mine from China, it was a gamble, appears and sounds OK, it was hand made by a respectable Chinese manufacturer, in comparison to the Senator I bought my Dad, mine is a little brighter in sound, I don't know if that's good or bad.  I would assume that apart from it being well made like a guitar the quality of the wood effects the quality if the sound, being that every instrument made of wood is made from an individual piece of wood. You hear some manufacturers say that they used aged woods, but I think much of it is marketing. I read in some forums that the only way to test an instrument is to try it out.
Before I bought mine I asked Taka, he said in his experience he found that buying second hand violins generally had a better sound, they say that woods mature. I've noticed this on my new cheap 6 string acoustic, it seems to sound better the more I play it. I also read somewhere that when you buy a new Violin it's a good idea to play long notes on the G string, Thar's the heaviest guage string, so that the violin learns how to vibrate, so I thought I would try that on my guitar, I think it's working, it is ringing better than when I first got it.
That's the great thing about being a musician, you never stop learning, there is always something more to learn making it interesting

That's a pretty reasonable price!  I'm always interested in trying new stuff.

Now that I think about it, I think my grandmother has a old violin at her place, and my uncle might have one too, I'll have to try one of theirs when I'm over there.
#5October 27th, 2010 · 01:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Samson VR88
Here's a demo of the mic I just purchased

#6October 27th, 2010 · 05:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounding very pro D... Love the clarity on the mic..The song is quite awesome too...
#7October 27th, 2010 · 08:35 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
get out of here
Great recording sound lots of air and natural good mic hey?? .
This style is fantastic feel good music and the playing really picks you up.
BTW is that the kit ??? Sound spot on and oh yes I suppose the violin is .....coming along shall we say   
Just kidding it's awesome .
Shucks another high rating Denis but it's well earned

Happy fiddling mate

greg
#8October 28th, 2010 · 04:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: get out of here
yokoinc wrote…
Great recording sound lots of air and natural good mic hey?? .
This style is fantastic feel good music and the playing really picks you up.
BTW is that the kit ??? Sound spot on and oh yes I suppose the violin is .....coming along shall we say   
Just kidding it's awesome .
Shucks another high rating Denis but it's well earned

Happy fiddling mate

greg

Thanks for the encouragement Greg, I'm by no means happy with my playing on the Violin, but Im very happy with the progress I've made so far, you'll have me fiddling on the roof tops in good time...lol.
 The kit you refer to is the EzDrummer Jazz Kit, the snare goes really nice don't you think, plus Ezdrummer percussion.
#9October 30th, 2010 · 06:55 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
The violin is extremely impressive, looking at the amount of time spent playing it... Almost all violinists I know of have spent years and YEARS of practice (and they don't even sound that great)!

What else is there to say? Always a wonderful production from Denis!

--XFactor--
#10November 5th, 2010 · 11:04 AM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Your music is too kind! 'Cause it goes right from you . Play it in some wicked way!..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 4:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.