#1October 24th, 2010 · 01:16 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Seek un Soul
In collaboration with: AustinChicken

This song is not in a battle

Here's an old song that me and my brother did back in 2005 when I was 10 years old.  It was my second year playing guitar, and my dad got me a cd with drum sample tracks, so I improvised on the guitar playing along to the drum track while my 5 year old brother (at the time) ad-libbed on about rock and roll, and all that .  I recorded us with one microphone hooked up to an old tape recorder.

Anyways enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 24th, 2010 · 01:25 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
My fav part is at 1:50 when he gets tired of repeating the same lyrics and he goes blah blah blah, EXCUSE ME!

lol, my brother is hilarious :P
#3October 24th, 2010 · 05:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great.. your young brother sounds Like a young Roger Waters. 
#4October 24th, 2010 · 04:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Excuse me .... while I kiss the sky .....
Your little brother is a dude, he's well into it! Well done
I hope you still do these jam sessions and record them too.
You could have given him a few more words to sing....though I have a recording of my 2 year old singing "horses in the field" for half an hour ! 
#5October 25th, 2010 · 08:56 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
Excuse me .... while I kiss the sky .....
Your little brother is a dude, he's well into it! Well done
I hope you still do these jam sessions and record them too.
You could have given him a few more words to sing....though I have a recording of my 2 year old singing "horses in the field" for half an hour !  :razz:

Haha,  I have other recordings of me singing random nursery rhymes with a tape recorder I got from a garage sale back when I was 4, but those are super embarassing.

As far as I remember, I was playing guitar, and he started singing and I decided to record it.
#6October 25th, 2010 · 09:04 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Also, I'm teaching him how to play drums.  He's getting quite good actually, better than I was at his age.

I tried to teach him to play guitar, but he got really frustrated and I don't want to ruin our relationship or whatever so it's just not worth it.
#7October 28th, 2010 · 08:09 PM
89 posts
Canada
Hang on to this lol.  You have a treasure here.  In a couple years this will be great to blackmail him with, a few years after that, it will make the ladies adore him   That's the truth, seriously.

Nice addition, though he may be a little pitchy ha ha ha sorry just being a jerk.  This really is cool, reminds me of when I was a kid and way less worried about sounding foolish. 

Chris
#8October 29th, 2010 · 05:48 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
12InSilver wrote…
Hang on to this lol.  You have a treasure here.  In a couple years this will be great to blackmail him with, a few years after that, it will make the ladies adore him   That's the truth, seriously.

Nice addition, though he may be a little pitchy ha ha ha sorry just being a jerk.  This really is cool, reminds me of when I was a kid and way less worried about sounding foolish. 

Chris

Thanks, my brother liked your review of it, but he's not to embarassed about it yet, so I'm not sure I can quite use it for blackmail yet... wait a couple more years :P

I have some super embarassing tapes of myself sing like barney songs and stuff

He was so unrestrained and creative back then, he filled his room with sculptures he made out of tape and cardboard boxes, and all sorts of stuff, he made songs, always creating stuff.  He's hilarious
#9October 29th, 2010 · 05:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think its good to point out that this is the same kid singing the lead vocals in our song The Man as well. The Man was of course recorded three years after this, but that kind of shows you his progress he's made while still being under 10 years old.
#10November 12th, 2010 · 01:23 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
This is pretty cool...Your recordings are getting better each time...I think your vocals could be a little more up in the mix...They seem to be a little low at times.....Nice work you guys...

Nice rating
#11November 14th, 2010 · 01:10 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
This is pretty cool...Your recordings are getting better each time...I think your vocals could be a little more up in the mix...They seem to be a little low at times....I'm looking forward to more of your work..Like i say...your improving each time...Nice work you guys...

Nice rating

This one's from 2005, it's not new by any means
#12November 14th, 2010 · 01:24 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Well..It  may be a old one..but the recording does sound better than other ones I have heard..lol
#13November 14th, 2010 · 03:52 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
Well..It  may be a old one..but the recording does sound better than other ones I have heard..lol

That's probably cuz we recorded this one on a tape recorder.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 11:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.