#1October 19th, 2010 · 11:49 AM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
ificouldchoosewheretobe

This song is not in a battle

SongTitle: If I Could Choose Where To Be

So this is my latest song, hope you like it!

Lyrics:

if I could choose where to be
in the sky or the sea
I'd float
in the clouds with my boat

somewhere beneath the surface
of all that's sharp
I'll wait
for you someday

and if you could reach me now
and keep me from drow... ning
you'd make
it all worth the wait

and we could run together
through this sunny weather
and at night
catch some fish in the sky

ooh I wish that you were here
'cause I am lost
without you

I wish that you could see
all I'm seeing right now
with me

but I guess you don't care about
that I'm up here in the clouds
that I wait
for you everyday

but maybe somewhere else
when you have lost yourself
you'll be
waiting desperatly for me

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 19th, 2010 · 12:42 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Beautiful song again .
But I would suggest not to use such a strong delay on ya acoustic git , instead I would use a discreet reverb.Because the slides on the strings are  also delayed and lead to these unwanted  repetitions.
On the other hand the solo git sounds really beautiful . 
 U . L . I .
#3October 27th, 2010 · 07:42 PM
89 posts
Canada
I actually really like the delay on the slides, I find they are a very nice environmental touch.  I would like them to be separate from the slides however.  That may sound counter intuitive, since the slides create it lol, but what I mean is that you could remove the repeats from the slides and add in another guitar track that contains better placements of slides and simple notes repeating to provide that environmental feel.  Removing the slide repeats would be pretty simple, though likely time consuming, and wouldn't even necessarily require you to re-record or drop the delay.  Just edit the waveform to remove or minimize the slide, less or nothing to delay = no delays.  That would likely be an exercise in patience however. 

Whatever you decide to do, keep it as is, whatever, I really like the feel that the delays provide, I would not change it at all if you weren't annoyed by the slide repeat yourself.  I tend to like all of your music, but this one is especially nice.  Rock on man... gently

Chris

For the record, my 8 year old niece really likes the delay, for what it's worth
#4October 29th, 2010 · 06:34 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
Thx
Hi there, both of you!

Yeah, ULI, thank you for taking your time reviewing my song, really appreciate it
and I must say, I'm pretty comfortable with that delay, but I Did change it once before rendering
it out to see if I liked that better, and I realized I did not. but I know what you mean, and here and there
I agree with you about the delay being to intense, but I totally lost the feeling of the song when I decreased the effect. - .take care // adam

12inSilver. Thank you so much for you comment, it did put a smile on my face 'cause it feels like you
somehow got the exact feeling out of the song as I wanted a listeners to get. I like the delay effect a lot,
as for the intensity of it, so it's gonna stay just the way it is and the slides are not something I've put in
there afterward as you seem to have figured out already, it's when I change my grip on the strings, they just came out to be very loud.. and I'm not in the mood of fixing that by cutting and pasting and lower volume on those parts etc.

And Yes, it DO mean a lot to me that she likes it, so say hello to her from me and say thanks! :P

Thank you for listening man, I'm having some songs ready for recording, I'll just.... record them..
so "stay tuned"...

take care

// adam
#5October 29th, 2010 · 11:53 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
What a pretty song, made me feel really happy, and relaxed all set for bed --> .

The delay is incredibly calming - I always love delay, but during the fret slide noise it interrupts the warm buzzy backgroundish feeling of it.

Cool lyrics and everything, very abstract.

On a production note,  I'd definitely pan that main guitar to the left or something, just to widen it out, as I find that calming songs sound best wide.  Also, use a stereo delay effect, or one that has a 'ping pong' feature.  Try this one: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1152.html

I have more to say, but I can't think of it at the moment.
#6October 29th, 2010 · 11:54 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
The lyrics aren't about anything in particular, which is reassuring in a way I suppose, because you don't need to think about them, because there isn't anything to understand... it's just there I guess.
#7November 5th, 2010 · 10:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
but I guess you don't care about
that I'm up here in the clouds
that I've waited
for you tomorrow

makes it more philosophical to me and sets a point somewhere
#8November 5th, 2010 · 11:50 AM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Thanks a lot! Warm & penetrating. Like a ray of sun .
#9November 5th, 2010 · 11:52 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
bgrm wrote…
Thanks a lot! Warm & penetrating. Like a ray of sun .

Good way of putting it:)
I burn easily in the sun though, so I'd say it feels more like a fireplace 
#10November 10th, 2010 · 11:08 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
48 posts
Sweden
About those lyrics..
I'm very happy you guys enjoy the song, and the lyrics, well, the truth is that I said to myself:

"okay, I'm gonna try make a song that isn't about this... Love.. Thing..."

And I think I got off to a good start, it doesn't really make any sense and I like "Hey, nice! I think I'm about to make some sort of 'feel good'-song for the first time
But theeen.. haha I don't know, this love-magnet/attraction seems just impossible for me to avoid. So the summary is; the lyrics ARE about something and they do have a meaning, as always, but if you're happy with it making you calm and sleepy, then I'm pretty happy too I must say

That's the beauty of it. music. It's very depending of which mood you're in and what kind of thoughts
that's crossing your mind. As well for the listeners as for the writers

I thank all you guys for taking the time to listen and bringing your thoughts with you.

Take care

// Adam
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.