#1October 18th, 2010 · 01:54 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
WhenTheLightsGoOut Demo

This song is not in a battle

When the Lights Go Out Demo

Hey so I just wrote this song the other day, recorded a quick demo before me and the band take a crack at it. Tons of new compeltely fresh and final recordings coming soon!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 18th, 2010 · 11:38 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You are most definitely a Pink Floyd fan.
Well done, I like where this is going...work at it, feed it, feel it, work it out some more....it's going to be a good one!   
#3October 18th, 2010 · 12:47 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Ok, so here's my commentary post-it note:

lol anyways craig you are pretty much roger waters

Cool little song, my fav variation is definitely :50 - 1:00, because that's what makes the song unique.

Where are you planning on going with this?  keeping it acoustic, or will you introduce some other instruments later on in the song?  It doesn't really go anywhere by the end of the demo here, but I'm sure you'll add something else to build up the epic-ness of this!
#4October 19th, 2010 · 02:51 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great start - it feels as though it's gonna build up and then go mental/wild
#5October 24th, 2010 · 01:26 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey thanks so much for listening guys I really do appreciate it. I'm really excited with where this band is going we are writing some really great stuff and can't wait to record final versions.
We have a small gig coming up (graduation party) on December 11th that we've got to get practicing for and thats why we havent completed any final versions of songs for recording off of our album.

Thanks for listening!
#6October 26th, 2010 · 10:29 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
CRAIG RECORD THOSE SONGS UP SO I CAN MASTER EM
#7October 27th, 2010 · 05:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Pretty cool indeed!! I for sure wanna hear this full band...Yup and I can also hear the PF influence!!! Nice one!!!
#8October 27th, 2010 · 08:11 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Nice start and the warm  presence of vocal is very cool.
Like the strong simplicity here too.
Well played  who then stopped ahh was just getting into it.
Hey good show live for you14th dec are you vid and post to Yotube?

#9October 28th, 2010 · 04:06 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah we are gonna film the live show and then hopefully upload to youtube so you can all enjoy. I am having lots of fun with this song and can't wait to get a full thing recorded!
#10October 28th, 2010 · 08:02 PM
89 posts
Canada
Hey there Kunadiun

I like this a lot.  Definitely has your feel to it.  I was a little startled at the end, I was like "...or asks why..."  Done.  I want just a little more   Please lol, guess I'll have to go back to your music list for a fix.  I really like how anything you do is just..... you.  Don't know how to explain it, just that you are open with what you write, seems very honest, almost like I believed you were a real person, working with real people.  That feeling that seems to be lacking in so much music nowadays.  If that made ANY sense at all lol...

Keep it up, I hope it is as exciting for you, that you have so much growth ahead of you, as it is for me.  I will keep listening, if you keep playing.

Chris
#11October 29th, 2010 · 06:06 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
First off: holy crap. I had no idea that people (you in particular 12inSilver) enjoyed my stuff that much. I suppose being honest with what you write, trying to reflect what is inside you makes the best music, thats why everything sucks today. Its all mainstream pumped out crap for the masses with no real feeling behind it. I totally agree with what you are saying - it made perfect sense. Most of the poppy music now is based off of this thought: "IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK YOU'RE IN THE CLUB AND YOU'RE REALLY DRUNK WE'RE IN THE CLUB AND WE'RE REALLY DRUNK AND IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK!!!" over and over to a heavy rave beat. yeah. if thats not music what is. 

again holy crap. it means a lot that you appreciate my music and what i'm trying to do. More is definitely on its way - VERY soon. also this was a quick demo so when we re-record it don't worry, there will be much more after "...or asks why..."

Its horribly exciting. almost frightening at times...but i guess that keeps me on my toes. I will definitely keep playing. please keep listening.
#12October 30th, 2010 · 12:51 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
"IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK YOU'RE IN THE CLUB AND YOU'RE REALLY DRUNK WE'RE IN THE CLUB AND WE'RE REALLY DRUNK AND IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK!!!"

LOL!  amazing lyric potential there, kunadiun
#13October 30th, 2010 · 01:49 AM
89 posts
Canada
"...based off of this thought: "IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK YOU'RE IN THE CLUB AND YOU'RE REALLY DRUNK WE'RE IN THE CLUB AND WE'RE REALLY DRUNK AND IM IN THE CLUB AND IM REALLY DRUNK!!!" over and over "

Ha ha ha that is the best comment ever man... can't stop laughing.  Thanks for that!

Damn...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 11:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.