#1October 12th, 2010 · 12:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jolly Up

This song is not in a battle

Purchased a left-handed Violin recently shipped from China -  my hardest challenge so far. This is my first recording with it, quite pleased with the result, but I need another year or so solid practice before I get it to sound the way I want. One of my boss's favourite sayings is 'Jolly Up', meaning take the staff out and have a good laugh.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 13th, 2010 · 12:39 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Ya first attempt on a violin ? Not bad , man .
One year  later and youŽll be a great cajoon-fiddler
A funny , folky tune .
      U . L . I .
#3October 13th, 2010 · 02:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Jolly Up
Denis wrote…
Purchased a left-handed Violin recently shipped from China -  my hardest challenge so far. This is my first recording with it, quite pleased with the result, but I need another year or so solid practice before I get it to sound the way I want. One of my boss's favourite sayings is 'Jolly Up', meaning take the staff out and have a good laugh.

MADMAN!!!!! hahaha ...... well done       
#4October 14th, 2010 · 01:44 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes madman..Sounds like you work on a duo with taka...This is just plainly amazing!!!!!!!my favorite Denis!!!Very Jig like!!!
#5October 14th, 2010 · 02:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Yes madman..Sounds like you work on a duo with taka...This is just plainly amazing!!!!!!!my favorite Denis!!!Very Jig like!!!

I would love taka to do the violin part, the first part of the melody is quick (that's where the guitar is only playing the lead), I even struggled with the guitar...lol, so playing that part on the violin would be extremely challenging for me.
The Violin is a beautiful instrument, as I improve I hope to be able to put more feel into it, that's when it will come to life....I hope. Just keeping my bow at the optimum section, which is in between the bridge and the fingerboard is hard enough, even if you wander 1 cm either way, the sound thins out, and getting you fingers in the right position. I know it sounds as though I'm winging, but I'm really enjoying the challenge. not bad for a 50 year old git...eh...lol

Thanks M
#6October 14th, 2010 · 02:41 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I think is quite amazing Denis..You wont find this old git at 42 learning how to play a violin unless its a virtual one(lol)...I can barely keep up with the guitar!!! yup it should be quite the amazing track with a duo violin performance between you and Taka...BTW the guitar is awesome I found no flaws there...
#7October 14th, 2010 · 02:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
I think is quite amazing Denis..You wont find this old git at 42 learning how to play a violin unless its a virtual one(lol)...I can barely keep up with the guitar!!! yup it should be quite the amazing track with a duo violin performance between you and Taka...BTW the guitar is awesome I found no flaws there...
Me and Taka - I would be honoured, Taka's playing is fantastic.
Thanks again M
#8October 17th, 2010 · 03:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Very enjoyable and agreeable piece of music.
50 year old git is doing real good!
For a first time this is quite something...you're becoming a right Prince with your ability to play any instrument you lay your hands on.
We'll have to start spamming Taka to get him to come back and collab .... Swordy on the horns...can I do the tambourine?
#9October 27th, 2010 · 08:18 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
What the ???
You are some kind of Genius right?  
Abb fab really loving the over all joy of the playing feels authentic to the bone .
Love that guit tone .
More power to you mate
thanks for posting
rate high  
#10October 30th, 2010 · 04:34 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
demis my man absolutly amazing.  im bout to upload "WHY ME"
#11November 5th, 2010 · 01:04 PM
27 threads / 26 songs
83 posts
Russia
Good luck to young violinist! You' ll crush' em all! 
#12November 5th, 2010 · 01:44 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Denis..You gave this 54 yr old git some hope..lol...Very nice work, Denis. My first thought was the same as Marino about you and Taka doing something. That would be a good idea I think...Its amazing how many Instruments you  learn to play....and VERY WELL at that

Nice rating
#13November 5th, 2010 · 02:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
Denis..You gave this 54 yr old git some hope..lol...Very nice work, Denis. My first thought was the same as Marino about you and Taka doing something. That would be a good idea I think...Its amazing how many Instruments you  learn to play....and VERY WELL at that

Nice rating

Thanx Flyer, it's all for fun
#14January 17th, 2011 · 01:24 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Jolly Up
I thought this piece was a lot of fun. I think it might be even better if the tempo was a little faster. When I've played pieces similar to this the tempo is so quick my head spins, but of course that's part of the charm. Good work!
#15January 17th, 2011 · 02:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Jolly Up
krysbaker wrote…
I thought this piece was a lot of fun. I think it might be even better if the tempo was a little faster. When I've played pieces similar to this the tempo is so quick my head spins, but of course that's part of the charm. Good work!

Thanks for your vote of confidence, still got a long way to get the violin sounding decent, but I'm getting there, 15 mins practice per day.  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:44 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.