#1October 8th, 2010 · 08:20 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Number 2 by Bill Averbach

This song is not in a battle

Copyright 1979 Bill Averbach All Rights Reserved
This is a piece performed by Roomfull of People called Number 2.
Alex Coke, Steve Feld, Jay Rozen, Jeff Johnson, Horacio Rodriguez, Steve Schwelling, Bart Madeley, D'Jalma Garnier, Robert Atwood, Booka Michel, Bill Averbach, Rock Savage
Live on KUT FM, Austin Texas

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 8th, 2010 · 08:57 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So I take it that this is a set piece and that you wrote it.....      amazing........
That someone could actually read all those notes!
Quite interesting, not really alarming more like pleasant gibberish.

Are you serious about the radio station being called KUT FM.....happens to be a very bad swear word around these parts of the globe!

The apes are a bit odd...O! it's a whole zoo, does kind of fit with the whales I heard in the beginning.
#3October 8th, 2010 · 09:37 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
So I take it that this is a set piece and that you wrote it.....      amazing........
That someone could actually read all those notes!
Quite interesting, not really alarming more like pleasant gibberish.

Are you serious about the radio station being called KUT FM.....happens to be a very bad swear word around these parts of the globe!

The apes are a bit odd...O! it's a whole zoo, does kind of fit with the whales I heard in the beginning.
A piece of music is always a set piece.
Every piece of music ever performed is improvised.
I did not write out every note in this piece nor would I want to.
Notes are just that; notes - not music.
The word C-A-T is a note for something but the word does not have hair nor does it meow.
The chord symbol C7 does not tell you what the sound will be except in very general terms and you must improvise to use it to play music.

As far as this piece goes I conducted the musicians and shaped the piece and gave them instructions before we started.

KUT are the call letters for the FM radio station. They are part of the University of Texas at Austin and used to be a very progressive station now they're not. So, my guess is that the other swear word probably fits them and rightfully so for going "corporate". KUT FM on them!
#4October 9th, 2010 · 11:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Extreme Jazz for want of a better word - to honest even though I like Jazz, I couldn't get into this, perhaps it would help to see it performed live, or played to a video of some sort.
Funny, some of the phrasing reminded me of the things you would hear in an old Cartoon 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.