#1July 26th, 2005 · 04:50 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Simple

This song is not in a battle

WORD OF WARNING - FOR SOME REASON UPLOADING THIS SONG HAS CAUSED IT TO DROP IN PITCH AND PLAY SLOWER. THE ORIGINAL IS *FASTER* AND SLIGHTLY HIGHER-PITCHED.

I kinda like this one because it has two quite rhythmically different clean guitar parts panned either side - apart from that its kinda dire lol.

Another of my one-day projects from some time ago, I was working with very limited resources. That *horrible* lead distortion is software, and the 'bass' was played on an electric guitar and made to sound 'bass-like'. Listen out for it lol...

My favourite bits are the palm-muted rhythm at 8 bars in, and I also like the wide panned distorted rhythm guitars that come in for the 'chorus'.

And yes, you guessed it, the solo is sketchy 'cos it was done in one take and completely improvised! Fastest playing is at about 1m45 - I wanted to save it Obscured by that evil distortion tho!

Anyway, I can't wait until I can do some good recordings with my new equipment but for the mean time I just thought I'd shove this old crap on here to show a few of my musical ideas.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 26th, 2005 · 09:18 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Enjoyed that song alot. Distortion sounds alright towards the end. A couple of pointers for you to think about when you re-record it:
1) I think you need to spend more time on the drums. Most people think drums aren't that important, but if you made the drum part more active then it would make the piece a whole lot better
2)I don't know if it's just me, but i really dislike fading out at the end. Maybe you could have the beginning background playing, and then slow down, with a 'wailing' solo..
#3July 26th, 2005 · 02:35 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I agree - like I said it was a one-day project once more. Alot of my stuff from a while back is mostly 'musical ideas' rather than full tracks - more like a recording to illustrate a musical point or frame of mind rather than a complete track. Thus the structure, ending, and drum part were not really worked on.

Of course, if/when I come to re-record any of this stuff as full tracks, then I will spend much more time on elements like the drums.

Thankyou for your input.
#4July 29th, 2005 · 11:31 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
i think it sounds nice lower! the key change sounds good. shame there are no vocals, it would sound cool in this one. the riff at the beggining is good, a nice combination of notes some guitar harmonies would sound good too. and the lead guitar sound is a tiny bit harsh.
#5July 29th, 2005 · 07:23 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Dude that was great. The melody was much like Sach's. Only the distortion rythm was horrible, please cut that out. Very very upbeat, feel good melody.Nice...
#6August 7th, 2005 · 11:33 AM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Can't wait to hear it.
#7August 7th, 2005 · 11:41 AM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
HELP
Do you really get a much better sound with the Laney? I tried miking a Marshall with 1 12"  in an open back cab with a sure '57, and the results were horrible! So many people mike amps, but I get a better sound with an amp simulator. What am I doing wrong?
#8August 9th, 2005 · 02:46 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Maybe your mic positioning/eq is wrong...try removing unneccessary bass.

Also, if you are in a boomy room, consider making some panels out of mdf and carpet to make yourself a mini 'guitar room' for recording.

I'd also suggest using a decent mic preamp and not cranking the amp too much.

And remember your compression
#9August 17th, 2005 · 10:44 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
62 posts
United States of America
Yeah it's a little um...
I dont find it awful, but it's a wee pit abrasive
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.