#1July 26th, 2005 · 12:17 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
7 posts
Argentina
Uniformado
Score: 63.8%
Battle: 2005-08

had the idea on the bus, going to some friend's house and once there recorded the basic stuff: rythm guitar, bass line (not a real bass, just my guitar), lead vocal and the fruity loops drums... and the next day tried my best to fix it!
the lyrics say something like this (let's see if my english is good enough now)...
"i fell in love with a girl who speaks like movies, the kind of beauty that sells soap. i have two dogs, a cat, a gun and a fetish for every single new star on tv. looks like i'm buying satisfaction. under my skin i know i'm in my uniform and ready for action, i walk the streets and have the feeling that i'm walking upside down, i'm doing ok and all i really have to do is listen to you. good morning free world and thanx to the industry for giving us the sun. they say the rebels in orient keep fighting, they say the rebels can't see the food's much better in occident. and every sunday i get depressed by tv shows. under my skin i know i'm in my uniform and ready for action... i'm feeling so alone. don't turn the light in your eyes off, but why do you have to question it all? let's just go to sleep now".
course it's not the same when u translate it but i wanted you to know what it's about.
cheers!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 26th, 2005 · 09:31 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Very jolly, and good. Love the lyrics. Good work. I can't believe that "bass" is a guitar. How do you get the guitar to sound like a bass?
#3July 26th, 2005 · 01:36 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
7 posts
Argentina
thanx, mate. the "bass" is just my guitar through a rp50 by digitech with a low eq and from there straight to the computer. the gain was very low so that it wouldn't be noisy... and i think that's it.
#4July 31st, 2005 · 11:30 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Catchy stuff Liked the cheerful vibe of this song.
#5August 6th, 2005 · 03:39 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
great busy bass sounds showing boatloads of imagination......

i don't know what the lyrics mean but who cares you sound like you are having great fun.

the structure of your song hangs well --- perhaps it could do with a stronger, more emphasized hook.

energy ---------- you've got it ------ more like this pleeze  
#6August 7th, 2005 · 02:23 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Needs better drum sounds, all though the beat is quite good. Pretty good melody. Guitar sound kinda blew too (good playing though). Voice sounds good, and the performance is good. Like the chords. Like the energy. Like the vibe.
#7August 8th, 2005 · 08:21 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Great job, man.  Love the song overall, and I agree with your lyrics very much.  Vocals and production can use a bit of work.
#8August 8th, 2005 · 12:59 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Very nice song. To bad I cant understand spanish. Its sounds real nice though, like it has lots of emotion. Bass line is great man!!! I like that alot, and its easier than finding a bass player for a song.
#9August 14th, 2005 · 02:47 AM
42 posts
Finland
The song was even more affascinating when it was sung in Spanish. Nice mood, nice to listen to it while reading about your thoughts about the tune.
#10August 14th, 2005 · 04:10 AM
3 threads
5 posts
Spain
Music is good, but I'm left unconvinced by the vocals, they go on for almost all the time and end up sounding pretty repetitive if you're not paying real attention to the words. And I found that tone of voice slightly... grating, but maybe I'm just not used to Argentinian vocals.
#11August 21st, 2005 · 03:51 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
21 posts
France
Estupendo!
Me gustó mucho tu canción: letra muy simpática, melodía atractiva, y voz sincera y sin pretensión. Muy buena "demo", para mí: sigue así!
I really enjoyed your song: very nice lyrics, attractive melody, and very sincere and "pretentiousless"* voice! Very good "demo", to me: go on this way!

(* is it the right word?)
#12August 21st, 2005 · 07:15 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
me gusto bastante tu cancion, osea, no es mi estilo, pero siendo una cancion cn inspiraciones netament d rock argentino, ta muy buena, y la letra esta muy oiginal... sigue asi, y puede q en unos años t escuche en alguna adio, asi cm se escuchan los Babasonicos o Miranda ahora
#13August 26th, 2005 · 02:17 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Realy pretty song, you could work on the wocals a bit more. Keep on travelling on that bus - you get original ideas there. Good luck!
#14August 31st, 2005 · 07:35 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
What a great song to listen too, I feel happier, and I think this song could sell soap.
#15August 31st, 2005 · 05:49 PM
I really like how upbeat this song is... The guitars are Beatlesque, as are the vocal harmonies.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.