#1September 25th, 2010 · 06:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Pickguard

This song is not in a battle

Tried to save rudimentarily "fingerpicking-folk style" skills I learned in my youth ( 17~18 ~19 yrs) [Leo Kottke was one of my heroes at this time]
Some skills have survived more than 3 1/2 decades.
Yes yes yes , I know : the beat , but it´s an older track.
Just have some fun
Would be glad you gimme some reflexions

My album "Anfunk" is distibuted on "jamendo.com" http://www.jamendo.com/de/album/78370 under CC-by-nc-sa license for free download.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 25th, 2010 · 09:03 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
That mix between country and funk is awesome! (If that was what you were going for, that is...)

The guitar playing is superb and the sound quality as well.

It's got a very lounge feel, like not necessarily elevator music, but the kind of stuff that would convince me to buy something!

Anyways, great work!

--XFactor--
#3September 25th, 2010 · 10:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Agree with the sound of the guitar , I like it a lot and you get a very cool groove going.
This is not perfect by far and it gets a little untidy latter on.
As you say it was a bit of fun.
#4September 25th, 2010 · 01:19 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
54 posts
Chile
only can say... Great Composition¡¡¡¡
 i love the finger picking style.
#5September 25th, 2010 · 11:10 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
Some very imaginitive aspects to your writing and playing. Are you using modeling software or miking an amp for the guitar? Nice tone. What kind of guitar is it? Obviously has a whammy on it, eh?

GK
#6September 26th, 2010 · 03:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re: tune
GuitarKen wrote…
Some very imaginitive aspects to your writing and playing. Are you using modeling software or miking an amp for the guitar? Nice tone. What kind of guitar is it? Obviously has a whammy on it, eh?

GK
First of all :TNX A LOT ,GUYS for ya positive reflections . I really didn´t expect it this wise .
When ya look here   http://uli.bandamp.com/album.html ya can see my equipment .
No software, VST´s . Only real hardware . Made of metal and plastic with knobs ya can grab and touch. razz:
Yes, it´s something like a ´Whammy` on the effect-board I plugged directly into the workstation..
Some weeks ago  I bought a used:, small ´practicing-amp` called "Blackstar". Only 5 watt full tube .
You can play with it in ya living room very quiet / low , but this baby generates a real "adult" distortion sound.
Next time I´m goin´ to record a guitar I ´ll use it..
#7September 26th, 2010 · 05:19 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Pretty slick.. you sure have some skills on those strings. But I don't like the drums much, they sound way too generic/standard for a tune with all those more specific styles and sounds in it. But, the track as a whole is a good display of what you're capable of, and that is, something to reckon with
#8September 29th, 2010 · 06:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice and funky ULI.Im with Px on the drums somewhat generic and addition to them on ovation be a bit of time..Youre are a very slick music Ill say though. Nice work on the bass and guitar as usual too...Another super track...
#9September 29th, 2010 · 06:31 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
elephant in the room????
sounds like a garageband type track???+++stuff
coz its just so perfect????
doh .................... shoot me
haha
I just sense a loop monster
and theres no harm in that!!!!!!!!!1
daft fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.