#1September 22nd, 2010 · 06:41 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Saturn

This song is not in a battle

A raw improv with vocals and spacey sound effects overdubbed, recorded by Letters on Mountains, Salt Lake City, circa 2004.  Drums and vocals by me, everything else by Mike Smith.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 23rd, 2010 · 01:34 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
WELCOME TO THE AMP
Nice impro.  Fine git-sound   Had some problems to understand the vox clearly.
Exiting progress . Just a ´thumbscetch`. ~  3´20 min. a bit dissonant. 
Courious about a well constructed, finished song  .     
            U . L . I .
#3September 23rd, 2010 · 03:11 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
"He has a huge clock"...??? 
What ULI said about the vocal and construction.
It's like a spoken Jim M put to music, I like how it builds up to 3:.20, some very cool rhythm going on....aaa it fades out from the top there as well!
You still making music?
I think this 'raw impro' could be amazing if it were seriously worked out and produced.
#4September 23rd, 2010 · 01:33 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments.  It's good to know if my vocals are . . . hard to understand.  I'm still chuckling about "He has a huge clock".  It's actually "He is a huge clock" - I was going for the mythic imagery of Saturn/Cronos as the god of time and the association with the melancholic temperament, and a period of life when idealism gives way to trudging discipline.

I wonder if "He is the grand clock" would work any better?

I would love to re-do this some day, but Mike and I are living in different states now.  The original improv had some tasty bits after the fadeout that I'd like to restore, and the tempo could be tighter - although the drag was a major influence in the lyrics to begin with . . .
#5September 24th, 2010 · 01:01 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
studentofrhythm wrote…
Thanks for the comments.  It's good to know if my vocals are . . . hard to understand.  I'm still chuckling about "He has a huge clock".  It's actually "He is a huge clock" - I was going for the mythic imagery of Saturn/Cronos as the god of time and the association with the melancholic temperament, and a period of life when idealism gives way to trudging discipline.

I wonder if "He is the grand clock" would work any better?

I would love to re-do this some day, but Mike and I are living in different states now.  The original improv had some tasty bits after the fadeout that I'd like to restore, and the tempo could be tighter - although the drag was a major influence in the lyrics to begin with . . .

I assume you both don't have recording tools, shame not to re-do it.

Infact even if you raise the vox or put less effects on them they would cut through better.

I enjoyed the listen, nice stuff.

and yeah it certanly does sound like "He has a HUGE *OCK"    ....lol...........

WELCOME To BandAMP 
#6September 24th, 2010 · 11:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Drums a little loud but great sound..Good guitar and synth work...Mix works with music feel though..Im sold! Kudos..
#7September 26th, 2010 · 04:18 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very trippy, or should I say spacy.. Song keeps drifting yet that synth sound subtly builds up tension, and it sort of lingers at the height of focus, then the song is over! All in all a nice track, and very well recorded/mixed. It makes every part seem "precious".
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.