#1September 16th, 2010 · 07:40 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
A Love Thing

This song is not in a battle

Since this is my first posting here, i wasn't  too sure which song I should use first so I went with this one. I have a ton of stuff to share so hopefully this is a good one to start with.
A little song I wrote for that special person in my life.. a bit "satch" ish I know but hey... he's one of my main influences, anyway hope you like it and all comments are welcome.
Thanks
R

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 16th, 2010 · 08:57 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
nice tone in the ax...Very much enjoyed the feel and as you said very satch like... The kick and and cymbal crash at tines seems a bit louder than the rest of the drum mix...The open hats also get a bit distracting on ocation...Anyway those are minor things and just a matter of taste...Great guitar playing by the way...Welcome to the amp and hope to see you around..Post more really liked this track!!! Kudos..
#3September 17th, 2010 · 03:15 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
WELCOME TO THE AMP!!!
Nice to acclaim a new member with suchlike skills and  a high-quality production you delivered.
There´s nothin´to critizize about your production result from my point of view.  It´s a great & well structured composition . You really can´t hide your roots!!
But this is exactly the critical aspect for me : Many musicians are sounding like their ideals, their heroes.
So I miss their own musically identity & "fingerprint". But I´m sure you´ll release tracks with a bit more
"RAYLAVEAU" inside instead of ´Joe´s little brother´. 
Courious to hear more
                               ULI
#4September 17th, 2010 · 12:00 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Thanks...
I will be putting some more up soon. I appreciate the comments, ya the cymbals on those loops were a little bright. And Uli, I will put something more "me" like this next post.
#5September 17th, 2010 · 02:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You look like David Bowie, I really thought that pic was him 

Yeah you got some nice skills on the Axe.

WELCOME 
#6October 17th, 2010 · 06:36 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
wonderful production. It's all said above.
better than tk-ish.

really great work and what a beautiful sound in the record! man, very professional
#7October 18th, 2010 · 04:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: A Love Thing
raylaveau wrote…
Since this is my first posting here, i wasn't  too sure which song I should use first so I went with this one. I have a ton of stuff to share so hopefully this is a good one to start with.
A little song I wrote for that special person in my life.. a bit "satch" ish I know but hey... he's one of my main influences, anyway hope you like it and all comments are welcome.
Thanks
R
Is it really for a special person...or is it that you actually totally love your guitar?
Absolutely lovely piece of playing, really enjoying......wot no vocals though!! I was expecting something totally amazing to come in and I am in that sense disappointed.....a good strong lyric sung by a strong 'rock' voice would complete it. I'm one of the few around here who likes vocals in songs!    
#8October 19th, 2010 · 05:16 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Satriani doesn't sing  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.