#1September 9th, 2010 · 03:07 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Power of mentality

This song is not in a battle

I never used to sing for over 47 yrs. īcause I knew : I CANNOT sing !
But when I worked on this piece during the auditing-sessions I always was
humming along the bass-line in the beginning.
So I started to build-up some vocalparts , locked me in for 14 days and tried
to learn all about singing under studio conditions (breathe, mic-distance,
room-conditions etc.) . 8-10 hrs. a day I practiced , tried out & played around
with my voice ( poor neighbours).
This was a very deep & important expperience for me . I learned that anybody
can expand his own limits if he wants to do.
This is the result
Please, DONīT take it too seriously.            

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 9th, 2010 · 04:45 AM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
Good song.
I just took an ambien about an hour ago and should now be in bed. Instead i'm listening to you song. I'm actually enjoying. Almost too trippy to me in my current state but still fantastic. Like maybe something Peter Gabriel would do.
#3September 9th, 2010 · 02:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'll give the vocals 110% for Effort, that's what I call commitment. The vox sound OK, just too much effects, which you probably did to hide the real you 

Reminds me a bit of weather Report in particular the Bass.

Great stuff
#4September 9th, 2010 · 06:14 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Love this...Really enjoyed that bass sound...I think your voice sounds great here...Totally blown away by the creative aspect.....Good good show!!!  Absolutely!!! ahh some slap bass too... Nice!!!
#5September 9th, 2010 · 09:23 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
First of all: LOVE THE BASS SOUND! What bass it it? How did you record it?
Secondly: Your voice sounds really good man. All that effort you put on it worked great.

Now, musically speaking, this reminds me a bit of King Crimson, Frank Zappa, early Peter Gabriel, some 80's electro-pop and some free jazz... I don't know exactly how to define it but I just love it. I am amazed by the composition and how the song is built. The bass, the guitar and your voice fit perfectly here. Absolutely great.

The only thing I didn't like was the percussion. It started really good but I would have added a real drum kit (VSTi if you like, but from real drums samples) starting at 1:24. That way the song gets more power and attitude.

Man, I'd give you a 100% but those drums didn't convince me.

It's been a long time since I don't review anything here and this is the first song in weeks; I'm totally grateful with myself for coming here and listening to this track. Please dude, I'm begging you: put some proper drumming here and you will kick ass with this song.

Cheers. I'll be looking forward for a final version.

> Iszil
#6September 10th, 2010 · 03:37 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thank you guys for your positive replies. Iīm really astonished about your comments about the
"vocal-job" I did, cause I`m NOT a singer. And Iīll never be one, I guess.  But itīs great to see I didnīt loose
my labour with  it.
 To Iszilīs questions now: On all my songs (exepted  "Yeti scalp") Iīm playing just a cheap Peavy "Millenium" .bass with active electronique, plugged into a cheap Hartke DI-box. The  bass can generate any sound I want , from Jaco to Marcus.  

For recording I donīt use any computer programs or VSTs (cause Iīm a jerk). I work with a
Yamaha "AW 1600" multitracker. Itīs a small "studio-in- a-box" with any tools onboard you need.
And thereīs a Yamaha "MO 6" synthesizer.
The beat : Hammered in by hands on an old Yamaha " PSR 350" keyboard. At that time, when I worked on this song .I hadnīt even īpattern-player` so I had to do it in pure handcraft. Itīs not really precisely, but unique
& unusual.   I did work this way for the first 3 or 4 yrs. ītil I purchased the "MO" with a pattern-player on board.
I will let the beat be as it is cause it keeps the īhuman factor`.and makes itīs own character, I guess.
#7September 10th, 2010 · 06:03 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
its different but enjoyable, very upbeat
#8September 10th, 2010 · 11:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Thank you guys for your positive replies. Iīm really astonished about your comments about the
"vocal-job" I did, cause I`m NOT a singer. And Iīll never be one, I guess.  But itīs great to see I didnīt loose
my labour with  it.
 To Iszilīs questions now: On all my songs (exepted  "Yeti scalp") Iīm playing just a cheap Peavy "Millenium" .bass with active electronique, plugged into a cheap Hartke DI-box. The  bass can generate any sound I want , from Jaco to Marcus.
For recording I donīt use any computer programs or VSTs (cause Iīm a jerk). I work with a
Yamaha "AW 1600" multitracker. Itīs a small "studio-in- a-box" with any tools onboard you need.
And thereīs a Yamaha "MO 6" synthesizer.
The beat : Hammered in by hands on an old Yamaha " PSR 350" keyboard. At that time, when I worked on this song .I hadnīt even īpattern-player` so I had to do it in pure handcraft. Itīs not really precisely, but unique
& unusual.   I did work this way for the first 3 or 4 yrs. ītil I purchased the "MO" with a pattern-player on board.
I will let the beat be as it is cause it keeps the īhuman factor`.and makes itīs own character, I guess.

I use the Yamaha Aw16G, I believe the Aw1600 which you have is the upgraded version, which has better quality preamps. They are superb bits of kit. I began just using the preset drum patterns then got an Alesis SR-16 drum machine which can be midi'd to the workstation, that was not bad, but drum sounds are not convincing.
Now I simply burn a CD from the AW 16G minus a Basic drum track just to keep me in time. Then I load the music onto my PC and use Fruity loops with EzDrummer software, man the EzDrummer drums are one of the best sounding, it's the best sounding drums I've used so far. And It's quite easy to learn, yes I'm 50 years old and it does get harder to learn new things....     , but believe me it's easier than learning how to use the AW1600 workstation. I've had great help from the members here with all  aspects of writing songs and production techniques. It's great fun TOO....
#9September 11th, 2010 · 05:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Frank Zappa.....Gong, the Flying Tea Pot ..... hippy trippy in any case.

Because your on about getting a song on the Vol II I thought I'd listen to all your stuff...I got this far.
This turned my head...literally..I'm busy boxing some stuff.

This is fun, and one of your better songs.
I seam to be comparing you with Marino in how you jump around in your styles as you play, you play some wicked guitar.
But good call there on picking out your drum machine.........your beats ... on other songs, kind of go on and are indeed not human...while everything else you do is.

I'm off to listen to the rest...and finish my boxing, so far I'd say stick this one on the album
#10September 30th, 2011 · 03:57 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
Frank Zappa.....Gong, the Flying Tea Pot ..... hippy trippy in any case.
Wow, what a honourful comparison, mate.    Youīre right about some of my influenes.

Primary I conceived thisone as an instrumental / bass composition, but during the work it took a different direction.    ......strange how things happen sometimes...............

Tnx to Denis and Aarondaeger (and everyone else)for taking time to listen to.

U.L.I.
#11September 30th, 2011 · 06:45 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
interesting  & experimental
nice (strange) mix, great sounds, loved the vox too, well done !
loved the clean gtr comin in, but you really had me with the distorted one!
bass is really great,  ("lekker knorrend" in dutch) :p
would love to hear this with a really good drummer, but you would like that too i guess :p
certainly reminded me to Peter Gabriel/Frank Zappa too
#12October 4th, 2011 · 03:43 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Max wrote…
bass is really great,  ("lekker knorrend" in dutch)
Hihi, schön knurrig (knurrend).

Max wrote…
would love to hear this with a really good drummer
Yeah , more and more Iīm thinking about changing the drums...............perhaps Iīll redo it one day.

Tnx for commenting, Max 

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.