#1September 8th, 2010 · 11:26 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The Canterbury TalesRemix
In collaboration with: thebigguyconnor

This song is not in a battle

The Canterbury Tales Remixed and Remastered by my cousin Connor. (thebigguyconnor). I know nothing about mixing or mastering but he does so he did it for me and I think it sounds MUCH better. Also he added some reverb and compression and stuff.

Let me know what you think.
Oh and thanks so much for all your comments on my first upload on this. Rock on guys, you help me so much.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 9th, 2010 · 02:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice creative work.
I cant hear the spoken parts very well, Hmm I would have perhaps sang it in a higher key, but that may be how you wanted it to sound.
You could ask Conner to do some layering to thicken up the vox in particular.

It's nice to hear young musicians producing music from real instruments and being creative.

Keep it up 
#3September 9th, 2010 · 06:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Much tighter in this version....Your quite the creative one huh?? Nice job!!!!
#4September 9th, 2010 · 11:30 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Hey denis, I mixed it AGAIN, so you could hear the spoken parts at the end and also so the solo at the end didn't kill your ears as much :S.  I added some of my drums and backing vocals too.  You can take a listen, if you'd like, at http://www.last.fm/music/The+Kunadiuns/_/The+Canterbury+Tales.

I messed up on the mastering on this one too.  I had my limiter set too low, so it really chopped off the dynamics especially at the end - but fortunately i had it set on soft knee so that way it's not clipping and spitting etc...

This is probably my fav song by craig.   way to go man!
#5September 10th, 2010 · 06:20 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
this takes me back to Men without hats, devo and dead milk Men.
#6September 10th, 2010 · 07:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
thebigguyconnor wrote…
Hey denis, I mixed it AGAIN, so you could hear the spoken parts at the end and also so the solo at the end didn't kill your ears as much :S.  I added some of my drums and backing vocals too.  You can take a listen, if you'd like, at http://www.last.fm/music/The+Kunadiuns/_/The+Canterbury+Tales.

I messed up on the mastering on this one too.  I had my limiter set too low, so it really chopped off the dynamics especially at the end - but fortunately i had it set on soft knee so that way it's not clipping and spitting etc...

This is probably my fav song by craig.   way to go man!

It's a very cool track, I follow the 'trip', it's a very creative piece of work.
I do think you could have taken the plops out of the vocal......if you were remastering it anyway!
It builds up into an absolute crescendo......totally tripped out !!!

I'd like to add the word 'mature' to this thread, it's what your attitude towards music is and what this song will do in time as you play it more and make it more.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.