#1July 25th, 2005 · 02:23 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Random Rock

This song is not in a battle

Here's one I made earlier. 3 years earlier in fact. I was 17 and just learning to mix and stuff...It's had a little mastering polish since then, but not alot, and the recording is just as I did it originally. Again - excuse the Fruity Loops 3 drums *shudders*.

Ya I'm aware the lead timing is sloppy in places - partly because of latency, partly because it was made up on the spot in one take, partly because I sucked.

I dunno why I posted this, I just thought it was catchy. Besides I'm short of electric stuff until I get my equipment sorted out so this will have to do! Hope it isn't too bad. Oh, and I couldn't afford mics or anything so the distortion is all software (codeword for 'shite'). Also meant that it was pretty much impossible to do any pinched harmonics

Peace.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 29th, 2005 · 11:26 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
shame about the lack of equiptment. at first it reminded me a bit of layla for some reason. good guitar work, i like the way the beat changes to sort of make it faster. the harmonys are good in that bit and the harmonics sound good
#3July 29th, 2005 · 12:14 PM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
You're right it is catchy. The drums actually sound like the ones you get on phone ringtones. Good solo-ing. You need to add a bass part, give it some more oomph!
#4July 31st, 2005 · 12:51 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
You got talent man, your guitar work is exemplory. The snare drum could be pumped up a bit, and I guess a bass line would be cool too. The soloing is something you obviously have down.
#5August 2nd, 2005 · 08:20 AM
23 posts
Germany
good song. the guitar is great but with a bass part it could be better.
#6August 7th, 2005 · 10:48 AM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Like the rythm change; HATE the drum sounds. Good performance.  That's some nice guitar work.
#7August 12th, 2005 · 07:11 AM
5 posts
Germany
That's really good performance! The Guitar is full of melody and the faster passages are really great. The drums are too "electric"... That's what you should fix   try it with a real drum
#8August 23rd, 2005 · 01:30 AM
2 posts
Slovenia
wow. you realy are tallented  love it
#9August 23rd, 2005 · 05:25 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Hey Dave, were you an early Iron Maiden fan by any chance? The lead reminds me of them back then.

I like this track, I would say that the playing is just fine, although I see what you mean about the distortion sound.
#10October 19th, 2005 · 01:47 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Good work! maybe 2nd guitar is too loud...
#11October 21st, 2005 · 09:52 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
I fuckin' loved this, sucker for 2-par guitar harmonies that I am.  Seriously, I reiterate, I fuckin' loved this.  I didn't care that the guitars dropped out of synch, it's a rough, a scratch version of something that came from your heart.
Timing is off a bit in some parts but isn't that what this place is about?  A sounding board?  A place where you get honest feedback about the music you make?  Keep it up, it's got that special something.
#12October 31st, 2005 · 04:22 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
13 posts
Poland
Nice riffs
But a lack of bass is really painful... a bass line could improve a lot.
If you don't have a real instrument, I recommend Jeskola Buzz (buzzmachines.com) and a machine "Cyanphase Bass Pluck".
#13January 4th, 2006 · 06:04 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
funny song, good playing, nice tune, good riff, and so on.., but recordingsound is thin...too bad
its still in my favourites
#14December 5th, 2007 · 05:46 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Man, this is great! Love the guitar work! Should do it up with some bass and REAL drums and it would be all around Awesome!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:45 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.