#1July 25th, 2005 · 02:07 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Is this recording?

This song is not in a battle

This is another of my one-day projects, recorded AGES ago. Im posting this for fun not because I really expect any praise out of it lol. I kinda like the melodic progression/chord sequence but yes I'm aware that the lead work has absolutely no real structure to it - but it was intended that way.

Essentially, the lead was completely made up on the spot in one take and was a complete experiment. Please don't expect anything coherent, but I like to think I got some nice sounds out of my guitar that day! I wasn't trying to play too accurately in terms of scales or timing, and I didnt feel like putting anything especially technical in there -  I was just going with the flow and seeing what happened!

I know the backing is repetitive too, but it's 2m long so hopefully won't bore you to death. A simple listen would be appreciated, even if its to say 'wtf were you smoking that day, wheres the structure!?'

In fact, I only realised I'd checked 'record' on the track in Cubase until after it had finished recording. Whence the fact the lead spills over the end a little lol...

And yes, the *software* distortion is evil and too loud. That lead tone is quite creamy but really grates 'cos its completely electronic! I now have a Shure SM-57 mic with preamp to record my Laney 120w amp and Boss GT-8, so please expect much better in future!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 30th, 2005 · 05:12 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
30 posts
United States of America
I think it's great for just going with the flow. 

I can dig it!
#3August 2nd, 2005 · 11:13 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
20 posts
United States of America
cool
I like it,kind of reminds me of Pink Floyd for some reason
#4August 7th, 2005 · 10:45 AM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Somehow the lead guitar sound works in a grungy sort of way. Acoustic sounds great. Not wild about the drum sounds. The playing itself is quite good.
#5August 7th, 2005 · 11:31 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
you got skills mosdef
#6August 9th, 2005 · 03:40 AM
20 posts
France
The rhythm part of your song is well-done and you've got a nice feelling on solo.

Is the rhythm guitar accompagnied by a synthetisor or it's my imagination? ^^
#7August 9th, 2005 · 04:33 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys Surprisingly enough, there is no acoustic in the song, the rhythm is all electric just made to sound that way.

No its not a synth, just a really cool sparkly guitar effect using the Amplitube plugin.
#8August 28th, 2005 · 02:53 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
sounds different in a good way, the way the drums come in sound really good of course along with the guitar, sounds really good
#9August 29th, 2005 · 02:15 AM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Your lead work is great.  Put in a decent backing track with perhaps some variations in the rhythm and it'd be an excellent instrumental track.  I actually quite like the synth-distortion sound.
#10August 30th, 2005 · 01:40 AM
2 posts
France
hi there

nice overall feeling, smooth to listen to...
you seem to have good solo skills 
#11August 31st, 2005 · 08:57 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
really like this.  you're one fantasic guitar player.  well done.
#12February 26th, 2006 · 11:19 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
got skills???
you definitely have axe skills-sometimes you need all these notes,sometimes you just need a few.i personally find it difficult to sit and listen to guitar instrumentals such as this piece-otherwise its a great mix.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.