#1September 4th, 2010 · 02:33 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
JENOVA remix

This song is not in a battle

This is the result of my first real song in FL studio, I know it isn't very long, but let me know what you think, I would love to get feedback on what I can do to make it sound better

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2010 · 03:42 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Well, it's not the greatest thing I've ever heard, but you have accomplished a lot by putting it together. You seem to be exploring, which is good...keep doing that. Here's a few things you may want to explore further.

a) Levels. Try not to let any particular tracks overwhelm others in volume. The rhythm track is pretty strong, while some of the synth tracks are quite faint.

b) Melody and harmony. You have distinct phrasing (notes are broken into distinct music sentences, rather than a long list of random notes) which is good! Explore trying to ensure that the notes in those phrases are pleasing to the ear when combined with the notes being played on other tracks. There are a number of tutorials on the front page of this site dealing with music theory, you could peruse them, paying attention to scales, intervals and chords.

Start there and play around. Don't try too hard to be anything more than yourself. Don't get frustrated...making music should be fun. If you're unpleased, take a break.

Good luck!
#3September 5th, 2010 · 04:33 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well done for producing your first composition.
I would suggest the next step is to work on the rhythm section, listen to other well produced songs or rhythm patterns and hear whats going on. First play around with the Bass drum and snare, don't over complicate it, find a nice kit first, after you have created the bass and snare rhythm, add the hi hats and cymbals then finally the toms for fills etc. Once you have some nice loops, add bass, again search for a nice bass sound that goes nice with the drum sound.

Drum and bass are the best foundations to create music, most music is based around some sort of rhythm,  you will find that creating melodies chords etc will come easier, more natural.

Keep at it 

Welcome to BandAMP
#4September 5th, 2010 · 10:33 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So your TLSs brother.....how cool is that!
Welcome on board

So you've followed in your brothers love of 8bit game music? lol
Your beat is a bit much, it needs more of a 'swing' to it...a breath of life into those midi bangs

Most of all keep it up and enjoy it it's not a penance ! 

Say hello to your bro....and tell him to pop in sometime and also he shouldn't worry too much about us wanting to know where the site update is !!!  
#5September 5th, 2010 · 11:44 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Very interesting...Very different from what I heard from your brother but none the less a great start on the right direction...maybe a bit more thump on the kick would add some bottom end ass it sounds a little thin from my end..But like I said great start.!
#6September 5th, 2010 · 02:53 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
Marino, oh how I hope you meant "some bottom end bass"

Thanks guys for the feed back Ill start writing my own stuff once I get more of a handle on melodies and stuff like that But so far, I love FL studio

thx again
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 4:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.