#1September 4th, 2010 · 11:21 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Rookie boogie (new mix)

This song is not in a battle

HEADPHONERS WATCH OUT !!!
When I´ve seen your advices respective to the panning , I checked it out with my headphones.    Well, you´re right!
My intention was to place the bass hard left, and the guitar hard right      (drums in the mid) for a better acoustic seperation. But there were the solo-instruments on one side so the mix became unbalanced.
Now they aren´t so far outside placed and soli come straight through the middle.
The bass is a bit raised now. I guess, the song  is more balanced in this version.
You were very helpful.     Tnx a lot                    

My album "Anfunk" is distributed on "restorm.com" http://uli5.restorm.com/albums/37054 under CC-by-nc-sa license for free download of hi-quality-WAV-files. 
You can also buy licenses for various commercial purposes. 

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2010 · 04:03 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Disclaimer: you can do whatever you want, mix/panning wise. It's your art.

General: great groove, road-worthy.

Mix: I'm only advocating trying things, experiment and see if you like them. I only speak from my own experience.

Placement is on the clock face, 9 is left, 3 is right, 6 is middle. 6:30 is ~halfway between 6 and 7.

a) Consider keeping the bass guitar around 6, you have a synth bass thrumming there periodically, let them overlap, but notch out distinct places for them in the bass spectrum. Alternatively you can use a very short delay to double the bass and spread it wide instead. Perhaps a subtle stereo chorus?

b) Your drums sound almost mono center. Only the ocasional cymbal moves off center. Try spreading them out a good bit more?

c) The riffing guitar sound around 5. Leave it.

d) There's an organ or synth comping around 8, maybe bring it in closer to 7? It's kind of far out there.

e) There is a synth solo horn coming in around 2:12 that is chorused super-wide. which smears the guitar playing. Consider collapsing them down to a mono single and panning it to 7:30.

f) Solo guitar,  move it away from the riffing guitar, push it left to about 6:30 or 7.

g) horn section blats starting around 4:16, these are also chorused super-wide and don't fit well. Either bring them down in the mix or collapse them in a bit...not so wide.

Suggestions of things to experiment with...your mileage may vary.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.