#1September 4th, 2010 · 09:05 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Anfunk (new mixdown)

This song is not in a battle

Some people would like to hear the bassguitar raised up in the mix.
O.K: Here it is !!
And the rhythm guitar got some more gain, too.
Also I  gave one step more compressor-ratio on the mixdown to generate a bit more punch & pressure into it. There were only very small manipulations to do. So I hope to reach more and more perfection each time you give me a feedback .ItŽs really helpful to read your comments.    Thanks for that!
Please compare & enjoy.                                   

My album "Anfunk" is distributed on "restorm.com" http://uli5.restorm.com/albums/37054 under CC-by-nc-sa license for free download of hi-quality-WAV-files. 
You can also buy licenses for various commercial purposes.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 4th, 2010 · 11:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Well I don't think you can improve on the mix in this version.
It's an interesting piece, much variation, you have to listen to it a few times to really appreciate the effort you have made.
The only thing I would say if you are looking to improve, work on your timing, especially in the parts where there is a lot going on. Sometimes playing more staccato can create more space in the music without thinning it out, more so with funk IMO.

Enjoyable to listen to, Well Done 
#3September 4th, 2010 · 04:09 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
The mix is fine to me. Has anyone ever mentioned your Zappa-like feel? Very entertaining. :P
#4September 6th, 2010 · 11:42 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
re:Has anyone ever mentioned your Zappa-like feel?
Not yet.
A big compliment . Too much honor for me , I  guess.                But it feels GREAT!!          Tnx a lot.
YouŽre touching an interesting aspect: When you listen to my music, youŽll find any genres, styles & musicians which influenced & impressed me over the last 45 yrs.
There  were drummers like :Billy Cobham, Steve Gadd , Phil Collins!!?? (Brand X) or Simon Phillips etc......
There  were bassplayers like: Stan Clarke, Jaco Pastorius, Percy Jones  , Mark King or Marcus Miller etc........
There  were guitarists like :J. Beck,  di Meola, Philippe Catherine, J. McLaughlin, Santana, Satriani, Zappa .....
There were keyboard players like: Keith Emerson, Chic Corea, George Duke, S Wonder, Jan Hammer etc........
By the way : some of  Žem played with Zappa or Miles Davis
 I listened genres from Folk (fingerpicking),Rock ( german KRAUTROCK ), Jazzrock  Latin, Avantgarde,
Funk & Disco, Ethno ( arabic/african) to modern genres like TripHop, Ambient, Lounge , Psycedelc etc........ Next days /weeks IŽll introduce more of my stuff , so you can comprehend.
   Have a good time !!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.