#1August 23rd, 2010 · 02:42 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
The Awakening - Intro
In collaboration with: Bill Averbach

This song is not in a battle

This piece is a computer generated version of the Introduction to "The Awakening" a ballet.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2010 · 02:55 AM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Please excuse the sound of the instruments
I hate the sound of these computer generated instruments. Especially the trumpets since I'm a trumpet player.
I have been working on this ballet for about 15 years or more! I need to put it down for good.
LOL
#3August 27th, 2010 · 01:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great piece of work.

You owe it to youself to get this recordered by an orchestra, if you don't know the musicans, put a local add in with a link to the peice.

Or if you hunt long and hard, there is orchestral software , the choices of samples are becoming endless, just needs major hard work from you. GO FOR IT, it will sound great, when it does it will motivate you to create more in much much less time.
#4August 29th, 2010 · 05:14 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Wonderful soundtrack for a fairy tale or a fantasy movie . There are many different moods in.
Itīs a pity that there is no symphonic orchestra in the neighborhood , so we must use the artificial, digital
generated sounds. Itīs a common problem for everyone of us, who is working in his living room.
However. Great ideas
                                  ULI
#5August 30th, 2010 · 10:24 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Im not going to fib and say it sounds pleasing to the ear as far as the computer, or midi wave tables, sound files you are using, I want to re-listen and.. AH I see / Hear the beauty, I totally understand the frustration with programming something of such emotion into midi when variable velocity's    sustains attack sustain and so on are involvled. In fact it leaves me woundering how you did it. cakewalk? or something of that nature. Well, I have a bit of an ear for emotion so I let your composure take me for a ride and as the title states the awakening I imagine waking up in the top tower of a castle, to go before the king, but something of mystery destracts me to the cellar. im looking to escape. but not sure why. now im stuck in the cellar, if maybe there was some uplifting tones at the end of your piece or some bongs and a loud symble crash or mabey a rusty fiddle sound at the end I would know my fate. The end left me stuck in suspence, Im going to faverite you, I hope you continue to stick with this one, I would like to someday hear it the way you intend it to be. If you have any questions about software or midi setups or well anything related to using computers for composing please feel free to ask. people of music to me are like family. anyways im glad you posted this.

Aarondeager@gmail.com
#6October 10th, 2010 · 08:55 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
A great composition. Would like to see the dancers dancing, any shows somewhere?
What's the story behind? How is the story going on? Any lyrics?
How long is the original track?
Did you sell this already?

Yes, the instruments are digital but they give an overview on the whole thing.
#7October 10th, 2010 · 01:48 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Thanks for to input
As far as dancers go I'm looking for a choreographer. This is just the first few minutes of the piece which is about 45 minutes long. It is based on the first third of Homer's Odyssey. There are many parts. There are parts with lyrics. And it covers a wide spectum of styles including jazz, rock, blues, and latin. No wonder I can't get it played! LOL.
if anyone has some ideas on how to get it performed please let me know or if they know anyone interested in collaborating on the choreography.
#8October 10th, 2010 · 07:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You could set it as a competition...or as a challenge....with prizes if you win!

I will agree and add that the midi sounds are diabolical...this NEEDS human hands !!!!!

Why dont you give a party? Free beer......guests must bring an instrument (you invite the right guests) and they must stay for at least 45 minutes !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.