#1August 22nd, 2010 · 12:54 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Opiate of the masses

This song is not in a battle

This is a song about our obsession as a society with television.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 22nd, 2010 · 07:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've listened to a few tracks on the Amp today and I think your overall volume is too low.
What a beautiful song.
Have you put the tremolo effect on the vocals your self ? I dont think it's how you sing, or is it created by multitracking the vocals?
Tremolo sounds excellent over the last part but it makes the verses sound slightly old and nervous
It's like the Cher effect, less is more.
I'd love to hear this with your beautiful voice but without the trembling, it's such a passionate and powerful song.
Still enjoying it thoroughly. Cheers
#3August 24th, 2010 · 12:59 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
I've listened to a few tracks on the Amp today and I think your overall volume is too low.
What a beautiful song.
Have you put the tremolo effect on the vocals your self ? I dont think it's how you sing, or is it created by multitracking the vocals?
Tremolo sounds excellent over the last part but it makes the verses sound slightly old and nervous
I'd love to hear this with your beautiful voice but without the trembling, it's such a passionate and powerful song.

I will work on the volume. The problem is that if I raise the volume, the sound becomes rough and it starts to clip. Maybe there is something wrong with my initial recording settings. There is actually no tremolo effect. The only effect is reverb and a bit of chorus, maybe that's what I need to reduce? Thank you for listening. I do have a lot of tremble in my voice. I have been working on breathing exercises to control make my voice more steady. I guess I need to work harder .
#4August 24th, 2010 · 02:04 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Romania
I just love it. That vibrato goes with the mood of the whole song and the chorus/reverb makes it sound as if in a water bubble. I think you did a great job.
#5August 27th, 2010 · 01:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Songwriter wrote…
kings wrote…
What a beautiful song.

I will work on the volume. The problem is that if I raise the volume, the sound becomes rough and it starts to clip. Maybe there is something wrong with my initial recording settings. There is actually no tremolo effect. The only effect is reverb and a bit of chorus, maybe that's what I need to reduce? Thank you for listening. I do have a lot of tremble in my voice. I have been working on breathing exercises to control make my voice more steady. I guess I need to work harder .

Yeah it's the chorus on the vox ovderdone. IMO it would be sound OK on the occasional line of vocal.  If you hear many pro songs with chorus, it's used this way, but it may be OK if you adjust it so that it's barley noticeable, just enough to give it body.

There are many ways to create a fatter, fuller sounding vocal. The first and most important is the mic placement and the dynamics in your recording room, for vox the deader the sound the more full it will sound, you can use foam, towels, have a look around your home. You have probably seen acoustic shields that fit around the mic, you could create your own, these are particularly great for home produced music where your room has not professionally been acoustically set-up.

To create a chorus effect that is fatter simple layer the vox and move on by approx .015 ms, or with various plug-ins you can alter the pitch around -8 on one channel and +8 on the other, or you can use stereo echo without any repeats, about 12ms left and 24ms on the right.

Re your volumes, yes keep the recording level to give the best noise ratio, then either record with little compression say 2-1 ratio and increase the gain in the compression plug-in, or probably better initially to simply apply a normalizer in your software, most DAW have it. If you are unsure drop me a line.

What's your set-up. I'm sure we can fix it.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.