This song is not in a battle

Based on the musical.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2010 · 03:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice easy feel.
The effects you used are nice, but I think it may sound a lot better, if you removed most of them in the second verce bringing them more up front, making it more intimate, other than a wee bit of reverb/echo.

Just a hunch, try getting a little closer to the mic for the vox part, I think they will cut through better, making it even more intimate.
#3August 19th, 2010 · 07:06 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Such a good song to chill too, love the chords.

reviewing as I go here, Denis is right about the vox. Try to get the proximity effect happening. Make sure your mic is set to cardioid pattern and edge a little closer to it for the where you want the magic.

I can really see a harmony at 'Up in the morning' and 'And if Tomorrow'. I'm feeling an octave down imho.

I think there is a bit of sibilance that stands out at 2:40, it pokes out a bit too much for me.

great song
#4August 19th, 2010 · 10:23 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
Nice easy feel.
The effects you used are nice, but I think it may sound a lot better, if you removed most of them in the second verce bringing them more up front, making it more intimate, other than a wee bit of reverb/echo.

Just a hunch, try getting a little closer to the mic for the vox part, I think they will cut through better, making it even more intimate.

Nice idea. I was thinking maybe I can put another vocal track on top with a bit of reverb. Will work on the proximity thing. Thanks for listening!

ArpKnight wrote…
Such a good song to chill too, love the chords.

reviewing as I go here, Denis is right about the vox. Try to get the proximity effect happening. Make sure your mic is set to cardioid pattern and edge a little closer to it for the where you want the magic.

I can really see a harmony at 'Up in the morning' and 'And if Tomorrow'. I'm feeling an octave down imho.

I think there is a bit of sibilance that stands out at 2:40, it pokes out a bit too much for me.

great song

I am not sure if my microphone allows me to change directional characteristics. Actually didn't even know cardioid pattern. Had to google it . But thanks for the tip. Another thing to experiment with yea! I actually am really bad with harmonies but I will try to work on it. I am trying to look for someone who would sing my songs for me. Will check out the hiss thing too. I actually forgot to run this one in my car. Usually if it sounds decent on my car speakers, its a safe bet its going to sound fine on everything else . Thanks for the comments. I uploaded four other songs recently. Please check them out if you can. Feedback helps
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.