#1August 15th, 2010 · 10:01 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Shortfilm Collab Project

This song is not in a battle

Hi everyone who reads this.

I'm an Audio Technology student and I would like to collaborate with someone on this project. Before you is a file I have written for a film student client.

He is happy how it is, however I do not have any drums. I've tried programming drums and using Addictive Drums (a great program!) but I don't have the musical skill for something this complicated.

What I need is a real drummer who will instantly hop on the kit and translate this for me.

Here are the spotting notes:

The client wants lots of low toms and a fairly fast beat. He is talking about a Lord Of The Rings feel, so epic stuff. There is no bass guitar in this track, so eat your heart out with those low frequencies

at 0:29 I need the start of the drums. It is essential that it is a 4 bar intro.

at 0:38 (end of intro) the main beat comes in for 8 bars, until 0:57.

at 0:57 is a break. Maybe light overheads here. You will notice the reverse cymbal at the end of the 4 bars, feel free to put in your own or experiment.

at 1:07 till 1:16 is another 4 bars of the main beat.

at 1:16 the 2nd beat starts. Here the distorted wurly gives you a rhythm to work off. Don't be too worried about keeping this rhythm , if you find a different one which has a nicer transition, I will re-write the wurly to accommodate for it. I would imagine that the beat picks up here (more hats and snare).

The tempo is exactly100 bpm.

This is a non-paid job.

I will love you longtime if you help me.

Kind regards, Nick.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 15th, 2010 · 10:04 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
my email is arpknight@gmail.com. Please drop me a message if you are interested. I can email you the song and do anything else you might need
#3August 15th, 2010 · 10:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm... my first thought is drums would be too heavy for what sounds to me a classical piece.
It would be nice to see the film this music, if I were collaborating, which I can't anyway for logistic reasons, it would help to get an overall feel.

Perhaps just some classical light percussion would be enough, since your client is happy with it anyway as it is, why not try some percussion? Again without seeing the film, I personally can't see how an acoustic drum kit would work.
#4August 15th, 2010 · 06:16 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Hi Denis,

Sorry I uploaded this last night and was very tired -.-

Here is the link for the video (dont forget to mute it!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tovt6hS1rpM

You're right about the different percussion No wonder I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. No imagination!
#5August 16th, 2010 · 04:03 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ArpKnight wrote…
Hi Denis,

Sorry I uploaded this last night and was very tired -.-

Here is the link for the video (dont forget to mute it!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tovt6hS1rpM

You're right about the different percussion No wonder I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. No imagination!

Listened/watched the vid, what you have created with the drums seems OK, but would suggest a remix, the voice dub is hard to hear. Have a go using percussion only and compare the two, great thing about percussion is that you can work with the movie, so where there are aggressive parts you can have a crash or toms, etc etc
#6August 18th, 2010 · 08:11 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Here something for you...
...not sure if it's what you want, but it's a start or something you can use to drive further ideas.

Enjoy.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/8145.html
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.