#1August 13th, 2010 · 01:00 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
The Walk to the Paradise

This song is not in a battle

The original Paradise Garden was a run-down pub rather than a soft-focus shrubbery. I just liked the title and felt that Delius had probably finished with it.

Anyway, as it's over a year since I last posted, I thought I'd upload a bit more guitar/synth/pseudo-classical/instrumental rambling.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 13th, 2010 · 02:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice feel, Has MrEden got anything to do with the song
Everything very well put together, well done 
At 2.35 I thought you was going to break out into a sax solo, still, the guitar was still nice, it even sounds a bit like a sax on the opening section.
Would make an excellent soundtrack.
How did you record the drums?, nice fills etc, very nicely put together.

Hmm, would be interesting to hear a female vox to it.

GREAT WORK!!
#3August 13th, 2010 · 09:09 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
This is a good example of music as craft. Well done. You can't just slap some patterns together and arrange something like this. I'd love to hear it performed by a fuller group of humans. Nothing wrong with automata, but this probably deserves to be played live. 
#4September 4th, 2010 · 02:20 PM
13 threads / 13 songs
41 posts
United States of America
This song has a lot of emotion in it I love when the drums come in, and all the instruments seem to blend
great work!
#5September 5th, 2010 · 11:47 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Emotion is indeed the right word..Very much enjoyed the fill on the song...Very longing like yet healing I would say!!!Nice job!
#6September 5th, 2010 · 05:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I dont think 'The Walk to the Paradise' is the right title somehow , sounds more like an Italian trying sell me a holiday !

You could call this just 'Paradise', because it is in it's self paradise, you dont half hit some moments.
It's a sound track to something like "the Sound of Music", incredibly pristine and gleaming.
Amazing piece of work.
#7September 5th, 2010 · 07:22 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
53 posts
United Kingdom
Title
Kings, you're absolutely right. Unfortunately my titles never fit into the number of characters allowed on Bandamp The full title is The Walk to the Paradise Garden which was itself lifted from the opera A Village Romeo and Juliet by Delius (although the music is nothing like his). Furthermore, as I said at the top, the Paradise Garden in question was a grotty old pub but the title just stuck in my head and was the inspiration for my piece.

But yes, you're basically right - must try harder with my titles Thanks for your kind comments.

Carl
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.