#1August 10th, 2010 · 09:03 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Velocity Dreams

This song is not in a battle

This is a song I've been working on in the past... One of the many songs that are going to be in my future album, Oxygen.

Credit goes to Queenie for vocal samples and Nurykabe for keyboard organ. Thanks!

Rest of the song was sampled/mixed by me.

Hope you enjoy!

--XFactor--

P.S. I personally think Club 7 sounds better... I just decided to finish this one off after getting permission for using some samples!

P.P.S. Club 7 is still in the works.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 11th, 2010 · 11:51 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I like this...ambient..groovy...  Something happened to the sound at 0:51 - the sound thinned out or something? Enjoyed the change up at 1:56 - it changed from a dance tune to  soft rock meets loung lizard.  Vocals have an Enya vibe (and who doesn't love Enya?)...and then 3:20 BAMM!  Bring it on back to the beat yawl..though the keyboards(? or is it guitar) at this part have a wee bit of a grating effect on the eardrums.  Overall I think it's a sweet track : )
#3August 11th, 2010 · 03:10 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Your songwriting just gets better & better, particularly your arrangements.

Nice work  
#4August 12th, 2010 · 05:33 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Velocity Dreams
XFactor wrote…
This is a song I've been working on in the past... One of the many songs that are going to be in my future album, Oxygen.

Credit goes to Queenie for vocal samples and Nurykabe for keyboard organ. Thanks!

Rest of the song was sampled/mixed by me.

Hope you enjoy!

--XFactor--

P.S. I personally think Club 7 sounds better... I just decided to finish this one off after getting permission for using some samples!

P.P.S. Club 7 is still in the works. ;)

BLOW OUT MY SPEAKERS -------WHY NOT!!!!!
haha ive had enuff chardonay to chill to this ..............
but its very heavy!!!!!!!! and clipping i think!!!!
had to turn everything down!!!!!!

yeah clipping a real issue!!!!

love it

fish
#5August 13th, 2010 · 09:15 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Too funny, you tricked us around 2:00. Lovely harmonies there. Is the clipping intentional? It's the only thing about it I wasn't enjoying.
#6August 13th, 2010 · 11:06 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Denis and Swordfish, I think it's fair to say you've both been a really big support to me, if not the most since I started posting music on here at BandAMP. Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think anyone who has listened to this track has heard the horrible, speaker-killing noise!...

... And yeah, that was entirely my fault - the samples don't clip at all, but I never EQ'ed the final product. I rushed the final touches on this song, so I just increased the master volume as the "easy way out".

The lovely harmonies (as starkaudio has mentioned) , again, are credited to two very talented musicians.

And again, thanks to everyone who listened to this track! I appreciate your feedback.

--XFactor--
#7August 26th, 2012 · 10:11 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
vocals at downbeat totally brought me in, I would personally decrease the reverb being the vocals are in focus here. or turn the decay down a bit. Intro might be a bit busy, the rest of the song has great flow and I can see this,,,,,,,,,Whoa, synth comes in way to fast and heavey. Can you automate volumes with your daw, or do the reverse sample add reverb then reverse and use to fade in from verb. that might work on the synth. the arangment was very cenimatic feeling like I was watching a sci fi show
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.