#1August 9th, 2010 · 07:24 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
TESTIFY
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-09

OK so it's been a while and I found some time to do a quick recording.  Basic Acoustic and Vocals just to get the feel of the song again and warm up the voice. The vocals are a little overdriven but like I said, just a quick recording and I plan to record to right in the fall. I'd still like to hear some feedback on the lyric content and song structure. The upload is a little quiet so turn it up. Thanks and enjoy...SkunkApe

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 9th, 2010 · 07:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Really enjoyed the organic feel on this track...Guitar recording sounds great...I love the strum feel on this one...Good show indeed!
#3August 9th, 2010 · 07:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
The structure is fine. About the lyrics, I never pay much attention to them so I can't give you any good feedback.
I think the guitar was a bit out of tune, but just a little.
Nice folk ballad, Skunk.

> Iszil
#4August 9th, 2010 · 08:46 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I have listened to this song repeatedly. It has a very compelling quality.It feels very well-crafted the lyric content has nice repeated themes of "come on" (father, brother, etc), then it has the sermonizing quality for each selected character. The "message" develops with each verse. So it has a sobering message, all wrapped up in a well-crafted vehicle, with a really good vocal and instrumental delivery...can't ask for any better than that! I understand you plan to develop this into an electric version. I look forward to hearing that version, but I also like this version (and feel it stands as a complete entity on its own).
#5August 10th, 2010 · 08:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's like you are preforming the song live in my house, SUPERB!!

Can just imagine this being played late at night by a camp fire, and a bit of Violin.
Hmm outside that senario, a chior singing along with you.

Great job 
#6August 10th, 2010 · 01:09 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Hey all thanks for the great feedback. Lyricly this is one of my favorite songs I wrote.  Very happy most of you liked it!....MrApe
#7August 12th, 2010 · 04:56 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: TESTIFY
SkunkApe wrote…
OK so it's been a while and I found some time to do a quick recording.  Basic Acoustic and Vocals just to get the feel of the song again and warm up the voice. The vocals are a little overdriven but like I said, just a quick recording and I plan to record to right in the fall. I'd still like to hear some feedback on the lyric content and song structure. The upload is a little quiet so turn it up. Thanks and enjoy...SkunkApe

shame everybody associated with a verse has to die..........!!!!!
I'LL TESTIFY so long as as i can go to Asda (Wallmart) on Monday    ...... hahaha
u cooking on gas (or what?) when recordin this??????
Brown Ale much better!!!!

FANTASTIC FEELING SONG!!!!
Well Recorded (nerdy bandamp stuff..haha)

GET HOME TO THE LAND OF 3 RIVERS AND SING THIS IN A PUB!!!!.........
TYNE,WEAR and TEES

GEORDIE FISH

have you been SAVED????      
#8August 13th, 2010 · 08:57 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
By about 1:45 one can really tell your voice warms up, or maybe you're more emotionally invested with the lyric at that point...regardless right around there is when my head started bobbing and my toes started tapping. Nice work.
#9August 20th, 2010 · 09:33 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Brilliant song

Only thing I'm not a fan of is the vocals. Sounds like a stereo affair... I prefer a nice mono (or mono summed) up the guts of the mix.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:06 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.