#1August 2nd, 2010 · 12:56 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Timelapse

This song is not in a battle

Well, this needs polishing.. a lot... like all my stuff . Won't be able to record bass til I solder my bass or restrung my other one.

Thought I'd play around with a few new things like Reaper's bundled synth, use of samples and pre-delay rather than post and some other things. All in all it was fun.

samples taken from http://www.freesound.org

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 2nd, 2010 · 02:16 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Try layering the rhythm guitar and add about .010 ms to the layer, then pan them hard  left and right, should blend better with the keyboard plus allow you to add some melody etc.
Drums either need fattening up or thin out the guitar a bit so that it blends with the drums better, I's go with the second option, I sense once you've added the Bass guitar it will give a ballanced EQ across all instruments.

Keep at it..
#3August 2nd, 2010 · 03:51 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm I double tracked the guitar, so i'll try adding a 0.1ms delay two the overlays that are already there? :O

thanks for the advice, I did think the drums didn't come through well enough, maybe the guitar is too overpowering. Thanks for the ideas ;D
#4August 2nd, 2010 · 05:35 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
Hmm I double tracked the guitar, so i'll try adding a 0.1ms delay two the overlays that are already there? :O

thanks for the advice, I did think the drums didn't come through well enough, maybe the guitar is too overpowering. Thanks for the ideas ;D

Not delay, just move one of the guitar tracks by about 0.01ms not .0.10ms, you may have to adjust it still, just play around with it until you are satisfied with the sound, pan hard left and right, then bring the synth inside the pan of the guitars, this should give you a BIG sound. Yeah my gut feeling is the guitar is overpowering the drums, but you could try beefing up the drums to compare, as I said it's probably better to wait until you have recorded the bass, then you you can blend  the whole mix better. More often than not too much bass tone in all of the tracks can ruin the dynamics. As a general rule the only thing that should have bass tone is Bass and Bass drum, sounds pretty obvious I know, but often overlooked by many.
Your ears will be the best judge, trust in them.
Look forward to where you take it next.
#5August 2nd, 2010 · 11:16 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
0.1 is 0.10 and moving it out is still delay or latency

but alright, i'll wait till I got some bass in there, I'll probably end up putting a lowpass filter on the guitar tracks as well now that you mention it :O.
#6August 4th, 2010 · 12:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
0.1 is 0.10 and moving it out is still delay or latency

but alright, I'll wait till I got some bass in there, I'll probably end up putting a lowpass filter on the guitar tracks as well now that you mention it :O.

Last time LOL

Not 0.1 or 0.10 but 0.01

Big difference, though you may still need to alter it fractionally to get the desired effect. 

Edit* Ironic that the track is named 'TIMELAPSE"...LOL
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.