#1July 13th, 2010 · 03:40 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Song of Dreams

This song is not in a battle

A song inspired by one person in particular who, despite having had a seriously tough time over the last few years, refused to give up and has fought to overcome the negativity that was around him.  His story just reminded me that there are many people around who do the same all the time - hell, even I've be faced with adversity and refused to curl up and surrender!

Musically this is a simple song played with two acoustic guitars, with a little "organic" percussion going on in the background.  If I were to do it again I'd skip the percussion!!!

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jim A

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 14th, 2010 · 02:34 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,396 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Jim sounds like you've been practicing, vox are solid.

Sound nice as an acoustic piece, would however love to hear some bass,drums and some grunge guitar coming after the first verse?? And perhaps a nice blistering electric guitar solo somewhere.

Can't really hear the percussion, it's flat in the mix.

Right had channel sound brighter/louder on the right channel, was that your intention?

NICE JOB
#3July 14th, 2010 · 03:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Agree with dropping the percussion if you record again, also do something about the plopping going on.
Songs really good, you have been busy, your vocal is strong as Denis put it. Really like the subtle harmony too.
Just a bit of a ploppy recording.  
#4July 28th, 2010 · 03:03 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
wow this a really nice song. Love how the guitars are working together, and the harmony is nice. Very Inspiring song
#5November 5th, 2010 · 01:53 PM
28 threads / 27 songs
83 posts
Russia
Dream of songs   I like lead vocal and harmonies. Pretty work!
#6November 5th, 2010 · 02:03 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hi Jim..You know I have always admired your Musicianship...Your voice is sounding really good here..as a matter of fact it sounds like its gotten better. Hard to imagine that it could..I really like this song...Nice lyrics..  We have to never give up in life...a mans measure is how many times he can pick himself up off of the ground and survive....I'm sure many of us face hard times and have survived..I know I have..ROCK ON AMPERS...nice work Jim...

Nice Rating
#7November 5th, 2010 · 02:23 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
There´s a pretty strong and powerful expression in that voice ; it hits me .  Song´s well composed at all .
About perc. I also think they should be recorded again & need more treble .
All in all it transports a convenient mood .
U . L . I .
#8November 6th, 2010 · 11:29 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments everyone...
On the remixed copy that I have of this on my iPod, I've removed the crap percussion and balanced it a little better.  But when it's played live, I also perform it a little faster.
Funny really, I'd not played it live for a while - then decided to do it again on Thursday (before any of the new posts).
The guy that I do my acoustic gigs with (Chris Crooks) really seems to like this one too.
Must get around to finishing recording a few more songs too  - another 3 in the pipeline.  Just need the time!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 22nd, 2024 · 4:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.