17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
Travel to the throne
In collaboration with: Anodyne and Transfixed
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 6 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-07

I posted this again because we are going to re-record it and really try to get it to sound damn near perfect. thoughts and suggestions are welcome. The doubled vocals was an accident but I kind of like it.

plz rate and comment
Thanks for listening.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 18th, 2010 · 01:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the Vox sound great, how did you make the mistake of doubling??
Not keen on the snare sound, Can't make out the Bass?
What are you putting the guitars through?, hence you could work on getting them to cut through better.

Dam good performance, GREAT ENERGY 

So yeah just work on the sound IMHO 
#3June 18th, 2010 · 02:05 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
lol yeah when we burnt the CD we forgot to delete one of the vocal tracks on that part. It was the first time I sang the vocals so we did a few tries.
The guitar was an acoustic in drop A tuning there is actually no bass.
#4June 19th, 2010 · 02:44 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
GOOD BANANAS !
I'm so much into this...love how you keep a 'hypnotic' tone to the vocal...very good.
I take it the vocal doubling your on about is at the beginning ....... take something back from me...double your vocal then for the rest of your singing career.......I think it sounds excellent. If anything the rest of the vocal is too flat without the chorus effect.

Really good solid song .. well done , very successful collab guys
#5June 19th, 2010 · 03:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey hey this sounds great! (that is, song-wise).. Doubling vocals is "the thing" to do to get a clear and solid vocal line, it's being done in nearly all professional releases.

Mix wise there's a few little things to improve. A bit more low end (the deep lows, under 250 Hz) as I'm hearing even the bass stomp mainly in the mid frequencies.

It's also an idea to after the into, when the vocals start, change the snare sound to a shorter, smaller hit, this would improve dynamics if the big snare comes back in the heavier bits.

I love this style of music! Very well done!
#6June 19th, 2010 · 04:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
anodyne wrote…
lol yeah when we burnt the CD we forgot to delete one of the vocal tracks on that part. It was the first time I sang the vocals so we did a few tries.
The guitar was an acoustic in drop A tuning there is actually no bass.

LOL.. My ears are OK I thought there was no Bass, so do you have a Bass??
#7June 19th, 2010 · 05:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
One technique to double the vox is to copy it and move it about .01 m/secs, play around with the reverb /echo on each channel, hence by varying them they will blend better and produce a bigger sound, you can do this with any instrument too. I've recently tried it with rhythm guitar, it creates a better stereo field, creating separation between hard left and right panning.  Or you can do it the old fashioned way by simply re-recording them, but your timing needs to be spot on, OK if the Melody line is easy, or very patient and work hard at it.

Happy Doubling
#8June 19th, 2010 · 05:12 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
cool thanks guys,

I like the idea with change the sound of the snare drum. I think you guys gave me some good thing to try and implement. thanks again. Yes I do have a bass but am horrible at writing bass lines. I posted the poem that the lyrics were based off of.
#9June 22nd, 2010 · 05:29 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Travel to the throne
anodyne wrote…
I posted this again because we are going to re-record it and really try to get it to sound damn near perfect. thoughts and suggestions are welcome. The doubled vocals was an accident but I kind of like it.
Thanks for listening.

YES JUST CAUGHT THIS.............
Yep Bass LighT.........need to kick my chest in!!!!!

CRACKIN TRACK!!!!!!

I have listened to your track 10+ times

JUST LOVE THE CLARITY OF VOCALS...............

A Lesson to ALL!!!!

MORE MORE ...............
Energy 100%......I vote 95%

Bowled over FISH
#10June 24th, 2010 · 09:28 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Very nicely performed... Maybe try to change the EQ a bit to add more bass to it (so yeah, I agree with PX).

Vocals are great and instrumentals are just as brilliant. Reminds me of Creed!

2:51 died down nicely too... Great work!

--XFactor--
#11June 24th, 2010 · 09:33 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice work in song construction..For me lacking bass presence and maybe changes on the drum beat as they seem linear ...Vocals kick ass..  The guitar tone is not my favorite but it works!!!!Good song.
#12June 28th, 2010 · 08:22 AM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
You voice remind me of him from Nonpoint, cool. Was kindof waiting for a guitar solo to burst out.
#13July 13th, 2010 · 04:32 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Nearly everyone has mentioned the lack of bass sound on this... I agree, and I think it stops this from being a real kiss-ass song. 
Great vocals, loads of real feeling in there!
I like the construction.
I like the instrumentation
I don't like the mix!

But this is still a good sounding song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:02 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.