#1June 10th, 2010 · 09:29 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
My Girl

This song is not in a battle

Rough demo of a song I've wrote my girlfriend for her birthday

lyrics are rough in places.. they were a bit improvised in places too.

it's not quite finished, just looking for some initial feedback!

recording quality will probably better in the final version too for this i literally just plugged in my microphone, hit record then uploaded it to here lol.

Let me know what you guys think, that would be really helpful! .

Edit: BTW it's her birthday tomorrow so I'll be recording tonight or possibly tomorrow morning if I have trouble doing it tonight. Not seeing her until tomorrow evening so I'll still have some time. I wanted to get a rough recording like this so I could show it to you guys and get some feedback before the final recording and also as a rough demo version just in case everything goes wrong and I don't get anything else recorded!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 10th, 2010 · 05:34 PM
14 threads / 13 songs
60 posts
United States of America
I like it.
Hey nice song. I'd like to hear the finished version. Keep us posted.
#3June 10th, 2010 · 05:37 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Raise the key a bit, think your voice will cut though better
Your girlfriend will  it
#4June 10th, 2010 · 05:52 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Ike wrote…
Hey nice song. I'd like to hear the finished version. Keep us posted.

Thanks!!

Denis wrote…
Raise the key a bit, think your voice will cut though better
Your girlfriend will  it

Denis I already have a capo on 4th!!! (well 5th but i'm tuned half a step down so yeah )

Will try moving it up a few frets though!

I'll let you know what she says . I quite like this song, haven't had the chance to do much writing this year (only other song I've wrote this year is "Only a Number") so I'm pretty pleased with it .
#5June 11th, 2010 · 03:46 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm not much of a fan of romantic music, but atleast you're doing it right.. LOL

Nice chords, absolutely cheesy but fitting lyrics

Now all you need is to record this in a decent fashion.. A bright eq and little compression with subtle reverb on the vox, layered guitars with wide panning and perhaps at points a hint of background sounds (birds whistles/forest sounds) in the end... Hmmm hmm she'll love it!
#6June 13th, 2010 · 09:42 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
She really, really liked it

thanks guysssss

your ideas sound really good puppet, i was imagining a few bird sounds too! in the end i didn't manage it though.. just had a slightly better recorded version of this with the lyrics fixed and the capo moved up 2 frets . sounds ok though.
#7June 15th, 2010 · 04:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: My Girl
Petermoncrieff wrote…
Rough demo of a song I've wrote my girlfriend for her birthday

lyrics are rough in places.. they were a bit improvised in places too.

it's not quite finished, just looking for some initial feedback!

recording quality will probably better in the final version too for this i literally just plugged in my microphone, hit record then uploaded it to here lol.

Let me know what you guys think, that would be really helpful! .

Edit: BTW it's her birthday tomorrow so I'll be recording tonight or possibly tomorrow morning if I have trouble doing it tonight. Not seeing her until tomorrow evening so I'll still have some time. I wanted to get a rough recording like this so I could show it to you guys and get some feedback before the final recording and also as a rough demo version just in case everything goes wrong and I don't get anything else recorded!

well I'm really glad she liked it .........

I like your voice/singing quality too.............. its in tune most of the time..... especially when u let go a little and pull away from the constricted pitch of the initial melody.......... thats nice

more songs for your missus!!!

more melodies/tunes ..... you can do them

swordfish
#8August 19th, 2011 · 05:52 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
BTW, today itīs YOUR birthday, Peter. Congrats.
Have a nice day and an exiting celebration..........and many many more !

U.L.I.
#9August 19th, 2011 · 09:00 AM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
I like your voice. Though I'll second what Denis said, raising the key a bit might be a good idea.

A harmony vocal might be nice, especially during the chorus. You plan on doing any kind of overdubs like that?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 12:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.