#1May 29th, 2010 · 08:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Suicide Sugarlips
In collaboration with: voltstupor

This song is not in a battle

Yeah.. Hahaha

This was done live last week.. Recorded via Tascam DR07, sitting on mini tripod on top of defunct airco unit right in front of the stage.

We like this song, it's our current band favorite. Ofcourse this is a live bootleggy recording, and I promise the next upload will either be a decent studio recording of this band or a decent track of my other band, or a new track of my solo stuff... For now I hope you enjoy as much as we enjoyed playing this .. at Mervstock... a week ago upon upload of this file

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 31st, 2010 · 04:43 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Amazing little recording tool, pretty good for a live stereo recording.
Great energy in the band
Well received by the audience
Nice one
#3June 4th, 2010 · 06:30 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
Amazing little recording tool, pretty good for a live stereo recording.
Great energy in the band
Well received by the audience
Nice one ;)

Yes it is certainly a very neat device, does it's job really well. Solid state "field" recorders are readily available (and very affordable) nowadays, my choice of Tascam is because I've experienced the brand to be very reliable, but there's similar Edirol (Roland), Yamaha and Zoom devices aswell in the same price range. Used to work with minidisc recorder and before that an old tape deck Everything has it's charm ofcourse, but being able to USB recordings right into the puter or just flip the 8 GB card in makes sharing the files so much easier. As for sharing files, I've been using Dropbox, which I've grown to appreciate a lot.

Thanks for your reply btw
#4June 4th, 2010 · 07:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
LIVE!!!!
LIVE!!!!............

KILLER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

no point in talkin bout quality

BUT ENERGY 100%!!!

LOVE IT      

ENERGISED FISH
#5June 5th, 2010 · 03:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: LIVE!!!!
swordfish wrote…
LIVE!!!!............

KILLER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

no point in talkin bout quality

BUT ENERGY 100%!!!

LOVE IT      

ENERGISED FISH

Thanks

Coming from you, that means a lot, heheheh
#6June 7th, 2010 · 03:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
But for the bits of feed-back it's a really good recording of a very good performance.
You've got the Tascam set up right in any case, the music gets very loud and the recording is still very clear...have you leveled it?
Just checked out the dropbox video.....looks like a good idea.....any down sides to it? adds or amount of space
#7June 8th, 2010 · 01:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
But for the bits of feed-back it's a really good recording of a very good performance.
You've got the Tascam set up right in any case, the music gets very loud and the recording is still very clear...have you leveled it?
Just checked out the dropbox video.....looks like a good idea.....any down sides to it? adds or amount of space

Yes, I did normalize the recording, but you can set the recording level over a very wide range.. For this purpose I've put it to lowest mic amplification and 4.5/10 on the little turning wheel. Loudest peaks hit at about 80% max amplitude. I did enhance the recording slightly with an eq to bring out the low end and used a master limiter (also, only slightly) to top it off - all minor cosmetics 

As for dropbox, yes I'm quite happy with it. You get 2 GB on a free account which isn't a whole lot, but it is surely  enough for .wav file sharing. It's very easy to use, but downsides are you need to reserve that space on every computer you install your dropbox on, and synchronizing large files (up and downloading) takes up bandwidth ofcourse, which may interfere with other downloads, online gaming, other HDD access etc. Also, I am not sure to what extent security is guaranteed. But it IS very practical. I'm even using it to communicate files between my main cpu and my laptop, as it is easier (more fire-and-forget) than using a shared folder on either comp (and doesn't require both to be turned on at the same time).
Also its very simple, you never need to access a site, you don't get ads or anything. Just drag and drop files to your dropbox folder on the cpu you're working on. All syncing goes automatic from there.. fire and forget indeed! And you can right-click files in that folder and ask for a "public download link" which you can publish, so people can download the file without having to have a dropbox account themselves.

Anyway thanks for your comment, next up is Popsurprise festival sunday the 27th of june. We'll be rehearsing our lower backsides off in the meantime ... cheers!
#8June 8th, 2010 · 04:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sunday 27th....noted.....again !
Have I told you I'm a lazy bugger.....but a very busy lazy bugger !!

Checked out the film and the site, downloaded program and made a google search.....found a page where some 'critic' was complaining that he could not do what you just explained that you can do .... !
But for the privacy and the bandwidth / cpu activity issues I like the idea a lot...cheers.
#9June 8th, 2010 · 08:17 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yep, this rocks. I love live stuff...particularly when it is done with this much raw rock n roll energy. You, know...you can hear everything played in the context in which it's meant to be played...Hammering drums, trashy cymbals, driving bass line, buzz-saw guitar, a throaty, but smooth and well-projected vocal...You guys are sounding more and more like rock star potential...and really fine combination of rock band elements. Pretty damned cool.
#10June 8th, 2010 · 10:22 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Effective and powerful!
This is pure attitude and I can imagine how it would be to be there headbanging until you get a headache!
Really cool stuff.

> Iszil
#11June 10th, 2010 · 07:35 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
like it much!!!

#12June 10th, 2010 · 09:56 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
haha love it!

when there's this much energy in it you can kind of forget about the recording quality, it really didn't bother me.

nice stuff puppet  
#13June 10th, 2010 · 01:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
aha...another awesome and freaking energetic tune here...Dude would love to see you guys play live as Im sure the energy on stage must complement the song incredibly...Very cool!!
#14June 11th, 2010 · 02:10 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey guys.. thanks

@Marino - we don't have much of a stage act really, so far we haven't had much room to "jump around" anyway hehe. And even during rehearsal sessions, it's sometimes hard to keep balance at all, already .. HAHAHA nonono just kidding..
#15January 7th, 2011 · 10:57 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
I love the raw sound of live recordings.  The chorus is very catchy and makes me want to jump around like a maniac!  Nice one
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.