#1May 20th, 2010 · 07:53 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
Alone

This song is not in a battle

A little new song - I hope you like it. May be a bit slow but now it's too late to change it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 21st, 2010 · 01:40 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nothing wrong with the tempo, this is nice and laidback really. There is this typical 60's vibe to it, very sweet and likeable, and even though the overall production value could do with a bit of work, I don't find it distracting. The voice is well done, the tone of the guitar is good but it's a bit too blandly/simplistically played, as are the drums, but again the tune as a whole does work (as it's mostly the idea that counts & it has the right atmosphere and vibe).  I like how the arrangement gets wider, warmer and richer at around 2:10. Shows you got a great ear and know what you want.

Anyway nice song, leaving a good rating.
#3May 23rd, 2010 · 03:32 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The Vox are great, pretty much agree with PX comments, the main thing I'd work on is the drums, do you have any other drum software with a nice vintage acoustic kit.

You could add some riffs around the rhythm guitar to make it more melodic.
#4May 26th, 2010 · 03:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I thought I'd commented....must have listened and enjoyed so much I forgot to say so...I really like this, you have a slight Leo Sayer feel to your voice but deeper and softer.
Like Denis said if you were to add a bit more 'heartache' around the rhythm and maybe went around once more...the beginning of the song is actually quite catchy, the 'catchyness' just needs to come out more.....do you know what I mean?
#5May 27th, 2010 · 05:20 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
Germany
Thanks for your comments! I'm very thankful for your hints. I know what you mean, kings, thanks! Maybe I'll rework this song or try to put your tips into practice in the next song.
I don't like the drums too but I don't know any other drum machine than Hydogen that I can handle...I think I have to have a look into downloadable drumkits for Hydrogen.
#6May 27th, 2010 · 02:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You mean these ... http://sourceforge.net/projects/hydrogen/files/Sound%20Libraries/   
Hydrogen is only for Mac though.
I picked up and played with leafDrums http://www.leafdigital.com/software/leafdrums/ a while back......got the link from bandAmp. I liked it at the time and got into it. I changed my system and just havent installed it since.
This is a demo and I'm not too sure what the restrictions are...he says that there aren't any.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:42 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.