#1July 23rd, 2005 · 05:49 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
My Best Friends...
Score: 60.0%
Battle: 2005-08

"My Best Friends Girlfriend." Ok. I made the lyrics louder. Let me know what you think of this tune. All criticism appretiated!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2005 · 06:28 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
i like it, sounds good my tip is to not sing the way you did, with that what i call "bitching" voice like alot of people do on this site, the simple plan kind of thing, i absolutely hate that  but like i said good song
#3July 23rd, 2005 · 11:05 PM
7 posts
United States of America
Hmmm
alright man i like the lyrics, i think the instrumental is pretty solid, but i agree with Chill, the vocal needs to change dont try to sing like anyone just go with your style man thats the way to go about it. Good job 
#4July 24th, 2005 · 05:46 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Denmark
I like the guitar and the melody too, but as I've said before in these reviews watch out for the melody doesn't limit you. If the same melody gets repeated too many times, the song tends to get boring even though it is a great melody. It doesn't have to be improvisation, just variation. The best places to do that, I think, is when you have a word or phrase you want to emphasize. Then you can put that extra feeling into it and let people know they have to listen to that part. Hope you understand what I mean.
#5July 24th, 2005 · 11:14 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Nice track, I especially like the guitar line. I agree that a less 'whiney' vocal style and some more melodic diversity would help this alot. With some decent production this has some cool potential.

Magic tip for you - aiming a microphone at the sound hole of your acoustic guitar produces a boomy sound. Aim it from slightly above the neck (IE closer to your head), about six inches away from the neck (away from your body), aiming directly at the middle of the fretboard somewhere in between the 12th and 15th fret. Angle the mic towards the sound hole slightly at an angle, still with the tip of the mic hovering above the 12th-15th fret, and you will get a much better acoustic recording sound.
#6July 24th, 2005 · 09:13 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
I rather enjoyed this song. While the recording quality wasn't the best, the song was heartfelt. As for the how you sing, to be honest, I think it sounded great. Some people are stronger and more comfortable singing and playing one way than another, and if that's how you feel the most natural, I say go for it.

Honestly, I think this song would sound wonderful if you had another instrument in the mix - perhaps piano or a violin, but that's pretty typical in the music genre that I would place this song into. Good song; very versitile - and I can see many implimentations of it - from a full band to just you playing it by yourself.
#7July 25th, 2005 · 02:41 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Thanks for the recording tip DaveUK, i'll have to give it a shot. I really don't know the first thing about recording so if you or anyone else have any more recording tips, I would really appretiate it. Thanks to everyone else for the reviews, and please keep them coming!!!
#8August 4th, 2005 · 01:05 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Albania
is it worth the aggrevation to write yourself a song when it's clearly not worth writing for. i was looking for some pacman but all i found was hippos in tight purple thongs.
#9August 7th, 2005 · 04:36 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
What the #%@! does that mean?
The singing pitch needs a little work. Pretty good tune overall, though. The bass is WAY too high, and the vocals are too ambiant, or sung too far away from the mike.
#10August 7th, 2005 · 11:00 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
needs work
#11August 8th, 2005 · 05:49 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
unlike the others, i think the vocals can work fine if the song were stronger

by that, i mean some of the same things others have said, like... i doessort of sound like you were far away from the mic or something.  i'm not sure.  maybe it just wasn't pre-amped very well or something.  *shrugs*

beyond that, i'd just give the song more parts.  the "my best friend's girlfriend" part is fine, but it gets repeated so much that i'm waiting for more in the way of lyrics.

really liked the bridge, vocally and with the guitar.  especially the guitar part.

give it some more work, but i think you've got a decent vision of this song.  make it happen now!
#12August 16th, 2005 · 01:19 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
11 posts
Malaysia
not so..
good at the beginning but rather quite boring at the end
#13August 29th, 2005 · 10:26 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
I like it
Good but i agree with most others that your voice doesn't sound like its natural to you but apart from that it has the makings of a good song. I think the words fit really quite well with the words.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.