#1May 18th, 2010 · 12:11 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Eternity
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-06

My first techno song. the genre i guess would be around liquid drum and bass vs. trance. The liquid i believe comes from the piano. Took me a while to do this so i hope you like please rate and leave some feedback thanx!!!!!!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 18th, 2010 · 12:56 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
It's not bad. There are some really cool passages, actually.
It's just that it needs more development. It's a good basis but somehow I feel it needs more...
Well, sorry for that poor comment; it's probably the time.

> Iszil
#3May 18th, 2010 · 02:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I can see you have worked hard on the arrangement, I like the piano. I'd cut the low bass frequency on the Bass drum by a few Db's, or use a different bass drum with less bass, it will improve the overall dynamics, this is something I've experimented on with my productions.

My first thought was to add a soulful female lead vocal (if you don't know one, you might be able to find some patches), that would finish it IMO

Nice work
#4May 18th, 2010 · 05:14 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
yeah i know
i have alot more for it my sound card really doesnt like how much there is to output but i completely understand thanx

Iszil wrote…
It's not bad. There are some really cool passages, actually.
It's just that it needs more development. It's a good basis but somehow I feel it needs more...
Well, sorry for that poor comment; it's probably the time.

> Iszil
#5May 18th, 2010 · 05:16 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
first time
i didnt realize how much the program would output bass so i kinda cranked it and im not working with monitors just desk speakers= NO BASS so when i formatted it on cd i played and almost destroyed my car speakers!!!

Denis wrote…
I can see you have worked hard on the arrangement, I like the piano. I'd cut the low bass frequency on the Bass drum by a few Db's, or use a different bass drum with less bass, it will improve the overall dynamics, this is something I've experimented on with my productions.

My first thought was to add a soulful female lead vocal (if you don't know one, you might be able to find some patches), that would finish it IMO

Nice work ;)
#6May 19th, 2010 · 05:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: first time
Steelwing99 wrote…
i didnt realize how much the program would output bass so i kinda cranked it and im not working with monitors just desk speakers= NO BASS so when i formatted it on cd i played and almost destroyed my car speakers!!!

Denis wrote…

Nice work ;)

Good quality headphones may be an alternative to moniter the sound, or even good quality PC speakers with a Bass centre unit, That's what I use, but still not cheap.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002L3TSMU/ref=asc_df_B002L3TSMU656292?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pr-syn1-21&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B002L3TSMU

Those are 30 Watts RMS, Mine are 70 I think, but will do the job
#7May 19th, 2010 · 03:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like your song and you've done a good job of it certainly seeing as it's your first attempt...very good.
I think the change at 0:26 is too quick.
I do like your choice of samples, some are most transient indeed!
What I cant get my head into is the differences in some of the sounds you use....namely that midi hihat, it sounds like the beginning of Taxi and is right in my face (ears) but the techno sounds you use are massive to say the least...they try and reach across stars...so together it dont work in my book. All the drum sounds bar the bass kick are too "small/close/in-studio" while the rest blows my mind !!!
#8May 19th, 2010 · 06:50 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Thats all im here for the "feedback". I appreciate your ideas and i will use them like i said it is my first with lots more to come so thanx again

kings wrote…
I like your song and you've done a good job of it certainly seeing as it's your first attempt...very good.
I think the change at 0:26 is too quick.
I do like your choice of samples, some are most transient indeed!
What I cant get my head into is the differences in some of the sounds you use....namely that midi hihat, it sounds like the beginning of Taxi and is right in my face (ears) but the techno sounds you use are massive to say the least...they try and reach across stars...so together it dont work in my book. All the drum sounds bar the bass kick are too "small/close/in-studio" while the rest blows my mind !!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 10:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.