1 2

#1May 11th, 2010 · 03:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love Happy (re-recorded)

This song is not in a battle

I wrote this composition in June 07 as a result of some nice comments on bandAMP form previous songs.
I applied no Eq when mastering, I just used my ears to set the distance for the mics, adjusted the Eq on the Arch top and bass pods at the source of recording.  It's also the cleanest sound I've got from my mics, so I did not need to apply too much noise reduction.  I simply used my ears when setting up the gain on my workstation, hence the pre-amps get noisy after about 65%, then added gain to the compression pre-set, yeah it's got presets for most instruments, easy peasy eh.

I'm very pleased with the production on this, Oh and for some reason I didn't even have to add gain to the limiter, the levels appear to be good, thus keeping the dynamic entached.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 11th, 2010 · 05:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes it sounds pretty fluid. THe percussion and rhythm guitar are awesome, though maybe the lead is a little bit too "thin"... Could be the sound you're after but I half expect a fatty jazzy tone instead. But since that is all arguable.. its pretty slick all in all, good job indeed!
#3May 11th, 2010 · 05:49 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
PuppetXeno wrote…
Yes it sounds pretty fluid. THe percussion and rhythm guitar are awesome, though maybe the lead is a little bit too "thin"... Could be the sound you're after but I half expect a fatty jazzy tone instead. But since that is all arguable.. its pretty slick all in all, good job indeed!

Yeah it was the sound I was after, just thought it would blend better with the acoustic rhythm, would be interesting comparing the difference with a traditional arch top jazz sound
#4May 12th, 2010 · 07:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
N1cksoN wrote…
Just Great!

One more vote for the sound of the acoustic guitar.
If the first strings (between 0:40 - 0:50) are one idea down, won't it be better? - This is just my not professional opinion

Sorry did not understand, I know your English is poor, try different words

Cheers

Denis
#5May 12th, 2010 · 11:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
N1cksoN wrote…
I said
If the strings between O:40 - 0:50 are little quiet, may be it will be better. But this is just my opinion. :)
Thanks i'll check it out 
#6May 12th, 2010 · 03:09 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis your quality is freaking amazing. You raelly get great tones and I love all of your jams. This is another for  the classic's vault. Ace job and man your songs just bleed with feeling and scream to be enjoyed over and over again. excellent job    
#7May 13th, 2010 · 01:27 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Excellent work on the percussion. This track sounds great loud, it has very good dynamics, you've nailed the production.

Personally I prefer the fatter Jazz tone, but this is still very relaxing
#8May 13th, 2010 · 03:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
Denis your quality is freaking amazing. You raelly get great tones and I love all of your jams. This is another for  the classic's vault. Ace job and man your songs just bleed with feeling and scream to be enjoyed over and over again. excellent job    :D

Thanks Man 
#9May 13th, 2010 · 04:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ArpKnight wrote…
Excellent work on the percussion. This track sounds great loud, it has very good dynamics, you've nailed the production.

Personally I prefer the fatter Jazz tone, but this is still very relaxing :)

You are the second AMPER to prefer a FATTER Jazz tone, I'm going hopefully re-record the Guitar lead again on Sunday with a Fat tone, hence keeping with my experiment of adjusting the tone at source.  I've read many pro producers mention this, stating if you have to alter the EQ by more than 3Db's when mastering, it's better to re-record. If you alter the EQ too much it alters the tone too much.

Cheers
#10May 13th, 2010 · 04:55 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Love Happy (re-recorded)
Denis wrote…
I wrote this composition in June 07 as a result of some nice comments on bandAMP form previous songs.
I applied no Eq when mastering, I just used my ears to set the distance for the mics, adjusted the Eq on the Arch top and bass pods at the source of recording.  It's also the cleanest sound I've got from my mics, so I did not need to apply too much noise reduction.  I simply used my ears when setting up the gain on my workstation, hence the pre-amps get noisy after about 65%, then added gain to the compression pre-set, yeah it's got presets for most instruments, easy peasy eh.

I'm very pleased with the production on this, Oh and for some reason I didn't even have to add gain to the limiter, the levels appear to be good, thus keeping the dynamic entached.

Sorted for the beach sounds.
Thanks Denis....

#11May 13th, 2010 · 10:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Love Happy (re-recorded)
swordfish wrote…
Denis wrote…

Sorted for the beach sounds.
Thanks Denis....

:star:

Hmm Playing on a sunny beach sounds like fun

#12June 13th, 2010 · 08:10 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
12 posts
United States of America
The kind of tune that makes you feel good.  Nice tone, love the rhythm....
#13June 13th, 2010 · 07:49 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I'm one for fatter jazzy tones, but considering the other instruments it fits in perfectly in my opinion, I think a fatter lead tone would be too overpowering and probably *edit* woudln't be *edit* as clear .

You should produce a CD, I'm pretty sure many hotels would purchase it as beach bar music
Better yet, go touring round playing in hotels :P
#14June 14th, 2010 · 02:52 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
aar0j wrote…
I'm one for fatter jazzy tones, but considering the other instruments it fits in perfectly in my opinion, I think a fatter lead tone would be too overpowering and probably as clear .

You should produce a CD, I'm pretty sure many hotels would purchase it as beach bar music

Yeah I've produced a CD with this song on it, should hit the Internet in the next few weeks.  Plus yeah I've been thinking about forming a band, but nowhere committed to the idea, it all depends whether I continue having the creativeness to carry on producing new songs, which is what I enjoy the most.

Cheers 
#15June 15th, 2010 · 04:40 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Denis wrote…
aar0j wrote…
I'm one for fatter jazzy tones, but considering the other instruments it fits in perfectly in my opinion, I think a fatter lead tone would be too overpowering and probably as clear .

Yeah I've produced a CD with this song on it, should hit the Internet in the next few weeks.  Plus yeah I've been thinking about forming a band, but nowhere committed to the idea, it all depends whether I continue having the creativeness to carry on producing new songs, which is what I enjoy the most.

Cheers  ;)

Works Better THAN

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.