#1May 10th, 2010 · 05:07 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Little Big Fan
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-05

Well...this is just a bit of fun really.
I wrote for a little girl (5 year old daughter of a friend of mine) who, after hearing some of my songs said that she loves them! So she became a fan - hence the title. I asked her to come up with some lyrics, so she did. And I'm sure you make which are hers and which are mine (I hope). I also got her mother to record her voice, which is what you hear at the beginning.
The production's not great. Again, as with my last effort, all done on acoustic guitar with effects added through Magix Music Maker. I know the drums aren't the best, but I'm no expert on them, yet - still go with the presets at the mo.
Well, hope there's something there to enjoy...and feel free to comment.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 10th, 2010 · 05:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice sushine feel to the song, what's your little fans name?

Perhaps overdid it with effects on the acoustic and Vox, the drums work, try panning the acoustic guitar left and right, make the right channel about .01 sec in front to create sepration.

NICE SONG
#3May 10th, 2010 · 08:35 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the tip there, Denis. Recorded this some time ago and haven't done much since. The girl's name is Maisie...
#4May 10th, 2010 · 09:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes a really nice song.
You actually remind me of http://mountstrobbie.bandamp.com/ , not necessarily his style completely but more the overall sound, a little too much phaser or flange on what is already a high tempo high tone song.
I'm no expert but it sounds to me like you could spend some time listening to your drum rolls, they sound like a hit or two are out. When it gets busy a drum hit in the wrong place does make a difference, it kind of rolls the breaks now instead of cutting them.
If you get to know this song better and then record it will become more orderly and tighter.
Really nice story to it as well, good chorus line.
#5May 10th, 2010 · 07:54 PM
15 threads / 15 songs
47 posts
United States of America
Nice sense of innocence. Reminded me of They Might Be Giants. I agree with dennis that the guitar can be panned to both left and right. I usually put the main guitar slightly left and other parts more left and right. It will give a more full rich sound with less effects needed.
#6May 10th, 2010 · 10:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice works...Sounds very catchy indeed...Not sure if you have an effect in your vox put they have a sort of distracting chorus like sound for my taste...There is also some parts in the vox pitch the sound a bit struggled range wise..Nice sound!
#7May 18th, 2010 · 12:04 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United States of America
good stuff
i like it its got some good stuff in it
#8October 12th, 2011 · 10:48 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
United States of America
very lifting
I love the mix. A very lifting feel to this song. There is a little too much going on with the drums for my taste. The melodic flow of the song is beautiful. I like it a lot.
#9October 14th, 2011 · 07:36 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
21 posts
United Kingdom
re: very lifting
tltate wrote…
I love the mix. A very lifting feel to this song. There is a little too much going on with the drums for my taste. The melodic flow of the song is beautiful. I like it a lot.

Glad you like it. Drums are a bane for me. Using these preloaded ones is a bit restrictive. Need to get more familiar with editing them...
#10October 15th, 2011 · 08:15 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Oh I missed this song.
I like it because it's kind a happy song.
Didn't Peter Gabriel once used this flanging sound for vox?
#11October 17th, 2011 · 04:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yes, this song makes an upbeat feeling but needs a lot of editing work, as others mentioned above.
A good "cabrio"-song for rides through sunny landscapes, golden shining fields or forests with thier coulourful leafs in autumn.

U.L.I.
#12November 25th, 2018 · 05:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Little Big Fan
Once again your recording sounds like its behind a wall ...... just not in the place

Dont know yet how to help

Fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.