Current votes: 1 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2010-05

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 5th, 2010 · 04:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool mix..am I now a coo ppl ?
Why is it in a battle? It's not your music.
It is cool to have a mix to listen too....if your into that nigga thing .... I personally hear enough of it on the radio.
A! that's the guitar..... ..... cool

Why dont you make a mix based on a beat and a good guitar riff. As in put more into the guitar...and some songs that mix to your guitar....I would take it seriously

This is not exactly what bandAmp is about...a 20 minute mix...but that's my opinion.
#3May 5th, 2010 · 04:49 PM
22 threads / 22 songs
64 posts
United States of America
kings,

I'm not one sided, i hear ya on the UN original composition, I can see that angle. I put it the battle for ppl to listen to. It's not 100 percent hip-hop, there's radiohead and Bob Marley and maroon 5 in there. I put it in the battle purely for exposure. I agree w/ your opinion, it is a 20 min mix. Mixing is an art in itself, well to us DJ's. I can see musicians laughing at that though. But in my defense, I can do both and I have songs on here that back that up. I'm the only kat on here who puts his mixes on this site. I just like show my roots, thats why. But I do greatly appreciate the commentary, and the listen from fellow muscians.

randygroove
#4May 5th, 2010 · 07:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes there is indeed more than only the first rap tracks, and you make some really nice crossovers even between totally different songs......so your mixing is good....it's just not what bandAmp and the audio review is about, that's all.
But it's good to know there's a mix around to listen to.  

As for the mix I'd say either stick to a strictly hip hop mix (the hip hop tracks you use are good tracks) or just do a 'popular' music mix, one that most ppl will want to listen to.
#5May 6th, 2010 · 01:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nice mix.. not my thing, although I do enjoy a good groove now and then. I bet you'd do good on in a club, get the whole floor dancing. I cannot comment on the production value of the various tracks used, but I do hear this low-fi-ness.. filter/eq across the whole track? well it "colors" every track evenly and I know this is what works in a club but for home use it kinda distracts as it is not on par with most in my music library.

have to say though that this does not belong in the battle. the battle system is broken OK, and has been for years, literally, but this is not your music. The battle is for your own music, not your own mix.. There are other places where you can compete in battles with turntablism. having it in the battle does not enhance exposure - not here - and even if, that would mean abusing the mechanics of a site for purposes that they're not intended for.

you have been heard. you have been commented to. you did a nice job mixing. I doubt there will be any "haters" ... should that not be enough?
#6May 7th, 2010 · 01:07 PM
22 threads / 22 songs
64 posts
United States of America
puppetxeno...thank you very much for the commentary.
#7May 8th, 2010 · 07:06 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
as per pup
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.