1 2

#1July 23rd, 2005 · 01:45 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
The Punches

This song is not in a battle

"Rolling With The Punches."
I'm gonna add another section and more parts when I can be bothered.
I know theres not really much to it, as with all my other songs, and they all sound the same in my opinion but hopefully I'll be on a college course next year, teaching me how to write songs!
Tell me what you think!

Merci!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2005 · 03:28 PM
37 posts
United States of America
Another good job
The mix on this starts out a little rough, when the vocals come in the increase in gain is a little too drastic. I dont think you need as much verb on your lead either, it kind of washes your voice out.  For only being a 2½ minute song, I doubt you need much more than what you have here, except maybe a little more instrumentation, like a guitar and bass.
#3July 23rd, 2005 · 11:10 PM
7 posts
United States of America
rad
i agree about the technical problems, but i like it, it sounds pretty solid right now, i give you a thumbs up and i like the voice, very firm yet smooth niiice
#4July 25th, 2005 · 12:54 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
Oh what software do you use? It is a nice song and your vocals are, as usual, beautiful. But you need a better recording system or maybe just a little more experience in using what you have. 10 for the composition, 4 for the recording = 7!
)))
#5July 27th, 2005 · 07:06 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i love you.

(PorcelainDoll... not you bigme )

this is wonderful.  if you add much of anything, a bass line would be great, but aside from that, all i have to say is that your songs hypnotize me, and i think they're awesome.  very few songs get to make it to my ipod for when i'm driving to work, but so far you're 5 for 6.  the melody on this one is going to be stuck in my head for like a week.  I can't decide if my favorite is ChinaDoll or this one...

crazycool.

keep it up.
#6July 27th, 2005 · 07:45 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
This is cool.

You have a great sounding voice and your layered vocal tracks always do the trick. It's a pity about the clipping on the recording, and I agree that theres too much reverb on your voice - it drowns you a little - as your voice sounds great I wouldn't put too much effect on it anyway.

Nice one!
#7August 1st, 2005 · 04:46 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
very nice song really like it ! rated it high
#8August 1st, 2005 · 05:58 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
less is more
still don't know how you get so much out of so little... works great every time!!!
#9August 2nd, 2005 · 01:38 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
30 posts
United States of America
superb!  nothing much can be said, but what has been said about your music.  I think I will add your name to my list of favorite musicians! 
#10August 5th, 2005 · 05:11 AM
21 threads / 21 songs
72 posts
Germany
I really love all of your songs, especially your voice... if you had a CD - I would buy it :-)
this voice makes me dream..
#11August 6th, 2005 · 07:07 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Hey man
All of your songs are very good...........But there are times when i cant tell you apart from No doubt.....But i love to listen to your stuff...Thats how it goes most the time on ruff recordings of things it will be inspirerd or its just ruff.....But i wouldnt be suprised if i herd a song from you on thee radio someday cuase your realy good and your young like me so there plenty of time to work into a diamond.
Love to you my friend.
Marcus
#12September 4th, 2005 · 06:07 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Nice variations with the melody with a consistant bass theme.  Your voice is very full and beautiful.  I would love to hear some of your stuff without so much effect.  Your voice is georgeous, you don't need any tweaking there.  Please don't learn too much in college.  Great idea for a song... just need a little better equiptment... don't we all?  Keep it up.
#13September 12th, 2005 · 10:05 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
43 posts
Venezuela
HEY!!! i like it!!
Your voice is good, the mixing is excellent, and the whole song is nice...

Congrats!
#14December 14th, 2005 · 02:15 AM
1 threads
3 posts
Spain
brava!
you wrote "I'll be on a college course next year, teaching me how to write songs!"... 
i say "you don't need to, but go on" the talent (like yours) can't be learned.

don't worry about technique, recording, production, gear and so on...
i have seen in my long life, many people with perfect, impeccable technique, with the best equipment and great skills, but totally empty of art and nothing to say. that happens too often.

i think you are young enough, and the technical matter, solves by itself whit time, but please, continue writing, composing, singing and uploading your work. we'll appreciate your big big talent a lot. the ART is inside of you.

i'm new in this nice site. a pity i can't vote and rate now your song 'Honesty' it's catchy!

yours.

b.
#15December 14th, 2005 · 02:42 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
United Kingdom
tune
nice voice good minimalistic instruments sound cool
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.