#1April 30th, 2010 · 07:36 AM
5 threads / 5 songs
17 posts
Poland
Flake

This song is not in a battle

And when you feel alone I'm on the phone / And when you fall asleep I'll drag you home / You wake up with the sunset in your eyes / Now the day will kiss your face before it dies // And when you seek advice come take my hand / I'm sure we will stay friends when all this ends / You melt by love's warmth / Who's to take the blame? / You've been a flake with someone else’s name // Just know that when you leave / Your love is safe with me

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 30th, 2010 · 11:34 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very nice sweet tunage, what lovely lyric and chords so modestly played and freshly recorded. The background ambience sounds make this lullabic track great to doze away by, and as such would be a great album closer.

Only thing I'd change is the snare hit which seems a less obvious choice to put in there. It is not distracting, but I was thinking a subtle tambourine or a shaker could take its place, completing the soundscape.

anyways, great job!
#3May 2nd, 2010 · 04:01 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ditto PX comments, plus apply less effects on the vox, hence I will be able make out.better the lyrics

Sounds like you recorded the main vox twice, which is a great way to layer them, try applying one dry and the other with just a little bit of reverb.

Nice listen for a Sunday Morn
#4January 17th, 2011 · 07:15 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Flake
Ditto on the suggestion for the vocal layering. I was really wishing for a bass on the section with the drum tracks.
#5January 25th, 2011 · 03:24 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
30 posts
United States of America
Ha...sweet.  I love this tune.  Kinda reminds me of a mix up of the Beatles with a little Everly Brothers or Simon and Garfunkel thrown in.

The guitar sounds a little out of tune to me - might just be me though - like maybe an intonation thing or just like a hair out on one string or something.  It's not horrible though and really doesn't impact on how much I like the song. 

The birds in the back are cool.

Brian
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.