#1July 23rd, 2005 · 11:03 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
The Easy Way
Score: 60.0%
Battle: 2005-08

i wrote this after i saw some kids making fun of someone for holding the door open for people.

btw, my sound is changing at the moment, so don't expect other songs i make to sound too similar to this.

Tell Me what you think!

Harshest possible criticism is much appreciated!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 23rd, 2005 · 06:54 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
its average. but what caught my attention is the fact that how much that voice sounds like Ben Lee.

Now ill give you a tip, get a band to play this song and it will sound real good! right now its not a proper song, i mean you can't really listen to this and really enjoy it
#3July 31st, 2005 · 02:45 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I personally think its a cool song just needs some more instrumentation and a decent production job. As it stands the production sucks :P (you asked for it thats the only harsh thing I could think of hehe)

I recommend you get a compressor on thats guitar and your vocals. I'd get some decent EQ action in there too, to remove a little boominess from the guitar and also to enhance the clarity of your voice.

Also, the mix is very 'dry' - could really do with some reverb on both vocals and guitar.

I cant really be too harsh because I genuinely think this has potential.
#4August 2nd, 2005 · 08:24 PM
21 posts
United States of America
Any criticism I can give has pretty much already been addressed.  A band definately would help it out.  Also production, particularly in the intro, is a bit shaky.  Solid song though.
#5August 7th, 2005 · 02:36 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Harshest criticism?
That #*@!in' SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it up man!(lol) Just Kidding. I love the chords. Try working on your singing pitch a little. Lead guitar too loud. Tasteful lead playing. Good performance on acoustic track
#6August 7th, 2005 · 02:38 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
P.S.
The acoustic guitar was recorded ok. it's just not loud enough. Voice also needs ambiance.
#7August 9th, 2005 · 10:57 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Netherlands
It's pretty much the same thing over and over again imo. Try to make a difference in sound color with the number of instruments... strings could be nice every now and then
#8August 29th, 2005 · 07:41 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Man, I liked it, kind of reminded me of Jon Frusciante, on the "inside of emptiness" album. I guess what has been said about the sound quality so far should be taken into consideration, but I thought the tone you chose when you switched to electric was good, felt like it belonged there. The solo for me was a little hard to follow though, it sounded to me like some of the riffs suited the song perfectly, but some of them sounded like they were just thrown in there to fill the space. With a little work I think I could really like this song.
#9August 30th, 2005 · 12:28 AM
11 threads / 9 songs
37 posts
Ireland
Easy Way
Hallo bud

Just listened to the tune a min ago,enjoyed it, had plenty of meaning, the song is in there alright i think the only thing that let you down was the recording but thats not major until you get a room in abbey road right?
If you want to avoid that popping sound on the mic when you get up close and pronounce the P's T's and the hisses off the S's throw a set of tights onto a clothes hanger and put it between you and the mic!
Great topic for the song indeed, keep writing

Scott
#10July 20th, 2006 · 06:44 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
great song. good lyrics.

but, it's really crying for a band, or at least some drums.

the lead guitar is much too loud, but that can easily be fixed I'm sure.

nice song overall.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.