#1April 25th, 2010 · 08:07 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Almost
In collaboration with: Fiddlah and 440 aka: Reboot

This song is not in a battle

This is a new finished collaboration of a heavy rock ballad done by "440" aka:Reboot and myself.
I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable collabs I've ever participated in.

440:
composition and lyrics
Bass guitar and drums
Synthesizer and rhythm guitar
mixing

Fiddlah:
Vocals
lead and background guitar solos
secondary rhythm guitar
heavy rhythm guitar
mixing and editing

• As always please feel free to leave any comments or critiques
~ Peace ~

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 26th, 2010 · 05:10 AM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
I really liked the clean bits. I think you got a great sound on that.
I wouldn't mind turning the heavy guitars up, but then you might turn down for the effects.
The solo's are awesome! and the thing you got going at 3:15 is great too.
#3April 26th, 2010 · 09:31 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thanks Zitto, buddy!  Yes , it was quite the trick to keep everything in the mix and equally audible.  I'm happy with the way it turned out seeing there is so much going on within one composition.Thanks again for the compliments 

Fid
#4April 28th, 2010 · 02:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Nice collab boys.

I like the break at 3.25, IT ROCKS - and great change after that, may be lower the effects a bit Fid.

WELL DONE
#5April 28th, 2010 · 07:59 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
this kick ass lol.  can you post lyrics? please
#6April 29th, 2010 · 06:01 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thanks Denis and Cpbeats... * very glad you enjoyed the song......  I'm in the making of an agreement to have a few of our tunes played on air in Northern NH, which should be fun. Denis are you talking about the effect when the change ends? If so bud. that was a one time effect Byl used with FL.... but I do agree some of the solos are a tad high on the effect as well...
As far as the lyrics are concerned cpbeats buddy, Reboot  (440) wrote the lyrics and I sang em.
He has more lyrics that he wrote for the song, but it being a rock ballad we only used the first two verses
which have the most important meaning in the song
here they are... ~ Peace ~
Fid

"Almost"

ALMOST FOUND MY WAY WITH YOU

TRYING TO MAKE IT SOMETHING NEW

QUIETLY WAITING MOSTLY HESITATING

ALMOST SAID THOSE WORDS TO YOU

(CHANGE)

ALMOST DIED TO BE WITH YOU

SADLY THE RED TURNS INTO BLUE

CONTRADICTING THE CIRCUMSTANCE

MAKING UP THIS BAD ROMANCE

#7April 30th, 2010 · 10:53 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The verses are well chosen, love this :

QUIETLY WAITING MOSTLY HESITATING

ALMOST SAID THOSE WORDS TO YOU

SADLY THE RED TURNS INTO BLUE

There's way too much effect on the instruments in general...yet so well played, the rhythm guitar become sloshy and wet.
O! yea 3:15 becomes very cool.....still way over effected.

Hey you sound like our Denis! lol

edit: Your both obviously talented musicians because the structure and content are excellent....is the loss of quality in the tracks because of over effecting or because you've been sending mp3s to each other?
If it is you should find a better way of collabing because you sound like you could make real killa tracks together if it was not for those poopy FL effects
#8April 30th, 2010 · 11:38 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A great way to exchange .wav tracks is using dropbox, I agree with what's been said on the sloshy quality this otherwise very nifty track gets.

It's great when people can collaborate to create great tracks like this. Very well done! But yeah the quality takes away from the listening enjoyment.... Doesn't do the song justice!
#9May 1st, 2010 · 10:40 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hiya guys,
 Yea 440 used FL for the basic structure with chorus in it. thats what we had to work with in the beginning. I went over it with him and he brought the effects down actually. The vocals I added I kept as clear as possible with a tad of reverb as you can hear and the solos ,,,well I placed the the sound of them in the foreground on the main solo and the background solos were of course in the rear but with a cleaner-less effect sound. 440 is very talented in composing but he  will agree he is still working on perfecting the sounds he wants. It's a perfect example of making sure you have your foundation clean before adding effects... because as you can hear this was not done with that precision. You all have very good ears to pick this out. I did my very best to make sure that all parts, although some as we know had too much effects on them,,, were still audible.. So, basically how I tried my best to fix this was using the vocals. bringing them forward and that way the  music is the background accompaniment  to the vocals. Anyways, from everything any musician creates or records we all learn and never stop.. thats what makes this site great!   Thanks for the positive feedback as well. 
~ Peace ~
Fid
#10May 10th, 2010 · 10:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good work guys...Sounding quite good..Totally dig the vocal melody and delivery...Drums and chunky guitars sound a tad quiet for my taste but they work..Nice solo work too...Ripping it huh? Awesome! By the way got your note Ill be around some time soon...Still pulling my self together..
#11June 29th, 2011 · 02:47 AM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
I wish I had your recording skills. Seriously. Dam that sounds good! You rock brotha (don't even know-ah!!) :)~
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.