#1April 15th, 2010 · 01:20 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Nothing is Real

This song is not in a battle

A song from an EP my band just finished recording. First revision of the mix, lot's more work but getting there. Let me know what you think.

Me - Lyrics / Vox / Rhythm Guitar
Sam G - Bass / Lead Guitar
Denis K - Drums

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2April 15th, 2010 · 02:38 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Nice tunes
This is cool.
Makes me feel like this song is the love child of Kurt Cobain, Weezer and Noel Gallagher lol
The vocals are more Cobain/Gallagher mix and the melody reminds me of weezer. Maybe I am on crack? lol
Anyways, the song is fun to listen to. Listened 3 times so far.
Well put together. I would personally like to hear the bass a bit more if anything at all.
Great work.
#3April 15th, 2010 · 01:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah Vox sound nice.
The guitars don't cut through, probably over compressed and not enough middle, bass drum is drowning the bass guitar, hence the general rule is the bass guitar should have more bass tone than the bass drum, this will add much more dynamics to the song.

It's a nice song, just needs a remix which you are planning anyways
#4April 15th, 2010 · 03:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like the style it's very hmm contemporary british alternative, in my ears.. I think the vox may be a little bit too off though.. atleast for them to be mixed to the front like this...

Although I like the song and the execution of the parts the mix surely needs a bit work.... well Denis said enough about that, not gonna repeat!

Well done so far, keep at it!
#5April 15th, 2010 · 05:32 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
This reminds me of The White Stripes!
Nice vox, and vox effects. I agree needs a bit remixing, but good song nonetheless.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.